What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell, united. :smiling_face:

7 Likes

I need a hug, Rickie Lee Jones.

23 Likes

On CD:-

Alice Cooper - Love It To Death from this box set

10 Likes

Bobby McFerrin - Simple Pleasures - CD (1988)

Birthday wishes :birthday: 11/03/50 Don’t Worry, Be Happy

6 Likes

Not my fault another thread reminded me of this Roger Waters (PF) The Final Cut

Interesting that this cover Pink Floyd have been removed. Now’s there a band that bad.

16 Likes

On CD:-

Norah Jones - Visions

10 Likes

The Beatles - The Beatles 1962 - 1966 - CD (2023)

It’s chill out time.

27 Likes

Rare on the Air live performances including Nick Cave Beck Torie Amos and Lindsey Buckingham

Excellent album

4 Likes

Why? It’s an interesting alternative interpretation of familiar material.

steve

11 Likes

The mighty Dead in full majestic flow.

Terrapin Station. (1977, HDCD).

For me, Estimated Prophet and the title track suite are two of their very best studio creations. The numerous live incarnations are superb too.

Paul Buckmaster’s arrangement on the title suite is a Gentle Giant worthy affair. Sublime stuff.

12 Likes

9 Likes

Why? Back to the original. Plus, Johnny Hodges is one of my favourite saxophonists.

steve

8 Likes

Short and sweet. Good jam!:sunglasses:

1 Like

Emerson, Lake & Palmer Trilogy / 2015 Sony / UK CD x 2 + DVDA / 88875004902

17 Likes

Good choice :+1:t2:

1 Like

Always love Mick’s sleeve notes to this album:

" Howdy doody whoever receives this record.

Here’s a nice little piece of b******* about this hot waxing which we cut one night in London, England while waiting for our guitar player to get out of bed. It was promptly forgotten (which may have been for the better) until it was unearthed from the family vaults by those two impressive entrepreneurs - Glyn Johns and Marshall Chess. It was they who convinced the artists that this historic jam of the giants should be unleashed on an unsuspecting public. As it cost about $2.98 to make the record, we thought the price of $3.98 was appropriate for the finished product. I think that is about what it is worth. No doubt some stores may even give it away. The album consists of the Rolling Stones’ rhythm section; plus solos from two instrumentalists - Nicky ‘Woof Woof’ Hopkins and Ry Cooder; plus the numbled bathroom mumblings of myself. I hope you spend longer listening to this record than we did making it.

Yours faithfully

Mick Jagger"

8 Likes

Thanks @AndyP Never realised all this gibberish on the back of my record. It made me laugh though. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Now Playing…

Thorvaldsdottir: Þann heilaga kross

Choir of Clare College, Cambridge

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Monday morning this beautiful album recommended by @PeakMan over in the ‘Classical Music’ thread. and the music is sounding sublime!

2 Likes

The Beatles - The Beatles 1967 - 1970 - CD (2023)

Can’t listen to one without listening to the other, it does throw you when you’re used to the running order of the previous editions.

25 Likes

This album is a cracker, reflected in the state of the case :crazy_face:

3 Likes