What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

18 Likes

Mrs Q’s birthday today.
Breakfast in bed and one of her favourite albums.
No numbers to be divulged on pain of death…:face_with_peeking_eye:

19 Likes

Argh nice album Quicksticks
Foreign Affair is superb with fabulous bass lines
Wishing you a relaxing Sunday and Happy Birthday
Cheers Ian

1 Like

On CD:-

The Academy Of St.Martin-In-The-Fields - Neville Marriner - English String Music

12 Likes

Sarah Walker’s Sunday morning Radio 3 show and if your listening @Clive …Enjoy

6 Likes

Cockney Rebel - Human Menagerie
50 years ago tonight I was at the Croydon Greyhound watching and listening to the now sadly late Steve Harley, great night and brilliant music.

17 Likes

And top left Paul Jeffreys (bass) who with his wife (on honeymoon) died on Pan Am Flight 103.

1 Like

17 Likes

Chris Anderson + Sabina Sciubba
You Don’t Know What Love Is / 1998 naim / Austria CD / naimcd030

10 Likes

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours - CD (1977)

Fleetwood Mac released ‘Dreams’ from their eleventh studio album ‘Rumours’ which became their first and only US No.1 hit single 47 years ago today 24/03/77. Stevie Nicks wrote the song in early 1976 at the Record Plant studio in Sausalito, California in around 10 minutes, on a day when she wasn’t required in the main studio.

31 Likes

The radio was playing when I unmuted the amplifier but what she was playing at the time sounded pretty wispy washy. It was as if Martin Handley was standing in for Sarah! So I put a record on instead. Sorry Sarah.

1 Like

This record:

Fuse One

I haven’t played this since the early 1980s. I wasn’t taken with it at the time, so it was only played once or twice. Hence, it’s in immaculate condition and is sounding a lot better than I recall. I dreamed about John McLaughlin last night, so it seems only right to play something on which he’s playing.

5 Likes

28 Likes

Space Oddity Bowie (remastered)

28 Likes

24 Likes

2024 MOFI 2x45rpm vinyl release… :notes: :grin: :+1: :sunglasses:

23 Likes

The Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Inner Mounting Flame

Still one of my all time favourite albums. All musicians were on fire :fire:

21 Likes

Agreed, Pete never surpassed this creation.

Fleetwood Mac - Mr Wonderful - 1968 - Label - Blue Horizon - OG Vinyl (mono) .

19 Likes

Hi @Clive I remember the enthusiasm that surrounded this release, and frankly when I heard it, I couldn’t understand why it was so popular, and therefore I never bought it. At the time, I am sure that it wasn’t hard to find better recordings, and that’s what I did, but I would need to do some hard checking to say which ones they were.

Yesterday I was thinking that 350’s have revitalised a number of older and less played discs that I have - the added details, drive and musical cohesion making them more appealing - perhaps I would feel differently about Fuse One if I played it now!

2 Likes