What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

The Byrds - Mr Tambourine Man - 1965 (Debut) - Label- CBS - OG Mono Vinyl.

This after playing the magnificent Gene Clark. It features four Bob Dylan covers including the title track, Spanish Harlem Incident, All I Really Want To Do, & Chimes Of Freedom.

23 Likes

Thank you, I aim to please :grin: she has a great back catalog, Red Dirt Girl is one of my favourites.

1 Like

Jeff Lorber Heard That / 2008 Peak / US CD / PKD30724

4 Likes

A little disappointed to find 9 of the tracks were the last 3 EPs

Nat Birchall: Akhenaten

4 Likes

Bonnie Raitt - Nick Of Time - CD (1989)

22 Likes

Can drift into easy listening but what a great voice. Core.

8 Likes

Deep Purple - Live In Europe, haven’t played this in a while, but enjoying more than previously. Think it’s wise to ignore any post production touch-ups and audience tape loops.

16 Likes

The Beatles - Let It Be - CD stereo box set (1970)

Phil Spector completed final editing and mixing for Let It Be, 54 years ago today 02/04/70, 16 months after the Get Back project had begun.

23 Likes

Don’t particularly like all of his work on the album, but because of his efforts, at least we got a release.

2 Likes

Ripped from my double cd set which is wrongly labelled on the disc. CD1 being CD2 and vice-versa.

G

19 Likes

8 Likes

I have the Art Works 7” on vinyl but this best of covering the 12 inches is on CD. Both equally enjoyable although the vinyl sounds better.

14 Likes

Eric Clapton - From The Cradle, what EC does best, live in the studio blues.

15 Likes

Guster – Lost And Gone Forever
CD|1999

Alternative rock. Continuing with Guster from yesterday. 3rd album.

3 Likes

Chopin. Tamas Vasary. Vinyl.

It is all in German so can’t read it but I think it means favourite pieces. I’m no expert but this guy could play.

8 Likes

In the mood for some Opera this afternoon.
Donizetti: Lucia Di Lammermoor (1955)
Lost Recordings pressing
Callas & Karajan

5 Likes

Not played this for a couple of weeks

The Rolling Stones - Hackney Diamonds.

22 Likes

Now Playing…

Kacey Musgraves - Star Crossed

Kacey Musgraves (Percussion, Vocals), Daniel Tashian (Bass, Drum Programming, Fender Jazz Bass, Fender Rhodes, Electric Guitar, Steel Guitar, Harp, Horn, Horn Arrangements, Keyboards, Synthesizer, Tibetan Bells, Timpani, Vocals), Dewain Whitmore, Jr. (Vocals), Fancy Hagood (Vocals), Ian Fitchuk (Congas, Drum Programming, Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Guitar Loops, Keyboards, Percussion, Piano, Synthesizer, Synthesizer Bass), Jacob Bryant (Vocals), Jim Hoke (Flute), John Osborne (Vocals), Josh Moore (Bass, Drum Programming, Keyboards, Synthesizer), Kirsten Agresta (Harp), Leisa Hans (Vocals), Lucie Silvas (Vocals), Matt Combs (Cello, Viola, Violin), Natalie Osborne (Vocals), Thomas Osborne (Vocals), Todd Lombardo (Banjo, Acoustic Guitar, Nylon String Guitar, Guitar Loops) and Viktor Krauss (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… kicking off this Tuesday morning with a second spin of Kacey’s latest release and she and the band are sounding mighty fine!

11 Likes

Exquisite sunny afternoon jazz from a top top combo playing with great delicacy and near telepathy. Not bad for an 84yo! Blue Note double vinyl.

12 Likes