What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Allman Brothers Band - Seven Turns

Some might say comeback others that they never went anywhere to comeback from. This is my personal favourite of theirs. Title track alone was worth the price of the CD.

14 Likes

Bryan Adams - Reckless - CD (1985)

39 years ago in 1985, Bryan Adams was on the UK album chart with ‘Reckelss’. His fourth studio album was the first Canadian album to sell more than one million units within Canada. Six singles were released from the album: ‘Run to You,’ ‘Somebody,’ ‘Heaven,’ ‘Summer of '69,’ ‘One Night Love Affair,’ and ‘It’s Only Love.’ All six singles made the top 15 on the US Billboard Hot 100, a feat that at the time had been accomplished previously only by Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’

16 Likes

That is what I thought - I am sure it is.

1 Like

The Allman Brothers Band - Shades Of Two Worlds

14 Likes

Excellent box set @Eoink :+1:
I’ve three vinyl copies of Ordinary Man (two ‘black’ covers and the later ‘portrait’ one) and
‘They never came home’ is on one of the black ones.

1 Like

Interesting, I wonder if they reissued with it after the 2009 striking off of the arson verdict or whether you have one of the first few thousand (pre-censoring)?

It’s one of the few early pressings before they pulled it. Bought used in a friends record shop in Sunderland about 30 years ago. After I picked it up and stuck it under my arm a voice from behind asked if I was buying this, yes I replied. You fg bd was his reply before storming out, lovely! :joy:

1 Like

Bruce Springsteen

Best of Bruce Springsteen (Expanded Edition)

Listening on Qobuz new releases - 24/96

Edward

12 Likes

The Stones in 1965 & 1968.

21 Likes

Frank Sinatra - In The Wee Small Hours of The Morning on vinyl.

A stunning voice singing wonderful, evocative songs. Powerful. And the Naims telling the story gloriously.

11 Likes

Bill Frisell: Orchestras

7 Likes

12 Likes

Mid-morning XTC.

G

16 Likes

In memory of Richard Betts…Long Time Gone…Highway Called.

8 Likes

Solveig Slettahjell - The Winner Takes it All

I heard this in the car last night on Night Tracks on BBC Radio 3. The simple arrangement with just piano accompaniment and a slightly slower tempo reveals just how good this song really is. I have found previously that I appreciate Abba songs more once I’ve heard them interpreted by other performers.

5 Likes

@Clive …Abba covers by Anne Sofie von Otter…fabulous mezzo soprano. Also she made a superb album with Elvis Costello, well worth a listen.

8 Likes

Not played for sometime really enjoying this album.

10 Likes

Pearl Jam

Dark Matter

First play of the new album, listening on Qobuz.

Edward

7 Likes

First spin…

GoGo Penguin - A Humdrum Star 2018 vinyl release… :notes: :grinning: :+1: :sunglasses:

10 Likes

More classy classic XTC.

G

12 Likes