What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

2021 Reissue, on bright yellow vinyl, this really does sound very good!.. :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:

15 Likes

5 Likes

21 Likes

On vinyl: Lambchop - Is A Woman. Kurt Wagner and his colleagues were on a roll with their releases around this time.

11 Likes

Haven’t listened to this in ages…

7 Likes

The Hi Res version of Dreamboat Annie is quite awesome.

1 Like

The New Seekers - We’d Like To Teach The World To Sing - CD (1971)

Scottish singer Eve Graham is Celebrating her 81st Birthday 19/04/43 :birthday: today. Graham from The New Seekers who had the 1972 UK No.1 and US No.7 single ‘I’d Like To Teach The World To Sing’ and hits with ‘You Won’t Find Another Fool Like Me’ and ‘Beg, Steal or Borrow’.

I must have listened to this 100’s of times in my youth, not mine but my mothers, happy memories.

9 Likes

Lucy Rose - This Ain’t The Way You Go Out

The new one from Lucy Rose - I’ve been a fan since the catchy single Like An Arrow.

This appears to be only released on 16 bit (in terms of downloads) but what a fantastic recording. The dynamics are incredible- the bass on the first track is so deep, can’t imagine what it would sound like with subs.

If all 16 bit recordings were like this we wouldn’t need anything else.

IMG_8929

9 Likes

It’s Friday, so cheers all.
Eric Clapton - Journeyman

16 Likes

…aother one I haven’t listened to in a very long time.

6 Likes

The Allman Brothers Band - Brothers and Sisters

Jelly Jelly - blues bliss!

14 Likes

They are pretty much giving away the 192khz download on Qobuz Sublime - sounds amazing.

1 Like

Annette Peacock: The perfect release

9 Likes

Miles Davis + 19 Miles Ahead / 2009 Columbia / EU CD / 88697491972

17 Likes

Heart - The Road Home

I’ll see your Dreamboat Annie and raise you a Road Home. This is an acoustic set recorded live in Seattle in 1994. Nineteen years after Dreamboat Annie, but Ann had lost none of her vocal power or range. I saw Heart supporting Queen at the Milton Keynes Bowl on the Hot Space tour. I rather liked the Wilson sisters!

10 Likes

Feely Arty ‘n’ Crafty:

12 Likes

We saw them supported by FM on their 2016 UK tour.
They were absolutely fantastic and I was practically unable to speak after singing along with the rest of the audience for 2 hours.
Superb concert with amazing performances from both Anne and Nancy, as well as the rest of the band.
It was also FM’s 30th Anniversary year and they were superb as well.
Great night of live music at The Symphony Hall Birmingham

1 Like

Annette Peacock: X Dreams

10 Likes

Original Contemporary stereo deep groove LP. Exemplary sound.

7 Likes

Badly Drawn Boy - The Hour Of Bewilderbeast - CD (2000)

8 Likes