What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Thanks. I find that sometimes indeed that the good old CD sounds better, less unhinged, than some of the new fangled stuff. I have even found that some early pre 1990 CDs sound pretty reasonable. There are some rotters that are unlistenable with todays analytical hardware. But then again remastering remains tricky, easy to go overboard. But great if done right :grinning:

1 Like
8 Likes

Felix laband,dark days exit,well worth a listen if you have never heard before,great album to test your system

7 Likes

Tony Bennett / Dave Brubeck - The White House Sessions Live 1962 CD (2013)

7 Likes

I never have always put off by the cover and the thought that it was techno dance music.

But I have to say from a quick preview it does warrant further listening - as George Michael said listen without prejudice - thank you.

2 Likes

First heard listening to naim and focal in hifi show in germany on YouTube, the track black shoes just blew me away,thanks for your views

1 Like

Sid Barrett // Unforgotten Hero

8 Likes

Maggie Rogers – Don’t Forget Me
CD|2024

indie pop. enjoyable record

7 Likes

5 Likes

I’m assuming that’s a bootleg Tony, with the mis-spelling?

1 Like

By the way if you are thinking of buying the album on vinyl , the streaming version on tidal is far superior

1 Like

Wonderwall Music by George Harrison.

5 Likes

Yuck no I gave up the black stuff years ago. The 16 bit download is on 7digital for £6.49

1 Like

Yes, it’s the picture disc release , Alan.

1 Like

Ladytron - 604 - 2001

Quirky stuff from the Liverpool band, pretty catchy though.

3 Likes

LP – Heart To Mouth
CD|2018

some more indie pop …

8 Likes

FSOL - ISDN - 1994 (30th anniversary)

Could be (another) late night :grinning:

8 Likes

8 Likes

Ry Cooder - Showtime.

15 Likes

Khruangbin – A La Sala