What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Sounding great on 12 " single - Orbital - Omen

7 Likes

Thanks for that @TheKevster - although I bought the 12" single, I never even saw a copy of the album…on the seek list now :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Vivaldi, The Four Seasons (2012) - Recomposed by Max Richter

12 Likes

Inherited from the MIL. CD. Good stuff to be fair.

“Although a compilation, Romanza is considered Bocelli’s breakthrough album and remains his most commercially successful to date, topping charts all across Europe and Latin America. With over 17 million copies sold worldwide,[2] it is the best-selling Italian album of all-time, and also one of the best-selling albums by a recording artist in the 1990s.” WIKI.

5 Likes

Genesis - Selling England by the Pound

My last Genesis album of the day. Many fans regard this as their high point. Not so for me, but the solo/melody in Firth of Fifth is just divine.

31 Likes

Tennis – Pollen
CD|2023

indie pop, synth pop

5 Likes

Edit. I’d forgotten how good this album is :blush:.

20 Likes

The White Stripes - Elephant - CD (2003)

25 Likes

It’s a great album @steviebee.

Also, one tune has possibly the best title ever assigned to a song – TWO COOL ROCK CHICKS LISTENING TO NEU!

4 Likes

Various Artists- Cheryl Frances-Coad Chamber Works - Tidal 16/44
A new composer to me, I heard her. “Invocations” on piano and cello today and decided to hear a bit more. I really rate this album, music for multiple different chamber groups, piano trio, song cycle, chamber ensemble and the aforementioned Invocations on 8 cellos and double bass. Her music is excellent, a real sense of emotion, range of styles, always accessible without being simple and the disc has fine performances. I’ll pick up this album and watch for her name on concert programmes.

2 Likes

Time to switch to something more mainstream. The sound on this recently-acquired KG-cut Craft reissue is phenomenal - but much more importantly, the music is just fantastic!

12 Likes

7 Likes

U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, wow, I’d forgotten that somebody thought it was a good idea to turn the bass up to 11, in the mix. Good old Adam isn’t the most inventive of players.

13 Likes

Elvis Presley & The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

The Wonder of You

Edward

7 Likes

Thought I’d give the 30th Anniversary (2003) version of DSOTM a spin as I haven’t listened to it in ages. Mastered by Doug Sax and cut by Kevin Gray, this was the last time this LP was cut from an analogue tape. A nice, meaty, warm sound, though this particular disc could do with some TLC in an RCM!

18 Likes

From the producer - son of Glyn - a magnificent album.

Ethan Johns - Silver Liner

6 Likes

Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I’ve Got The Blues.

20 Likes

2 x LP - American Recordings 2006 : )

Tom Petty - Highway Companion

<<>>

Tom Petty – lead and backing vocals, guitars, drums, harmonica, keyboards, producer
Mike Campbell – guitars (lead, 12-string), vibraphone on “The Golden Rose”, producer
Jeff Lynne – guitars, keyboards, backing vocals, autoharp on “Ankle Deep”, producer

Recorded at Bungalow Palace and Shoreline Recorders, Los Angeles 2005-2006

~ < < :monkey: > > ~

12 Likes

A fine album as usual from

Mary Halvorson
Cloudward
Nonesuch Records

Helluva guitar player and a fine band.

6 Likes

Rod Stewart & The Faces final concert at the Kilburn Gaumont State 23rd December 1974. I saw them on this tour on the 18th November at the Lewisham Theatre with Paul and Linda as guests. What a night what a band.

11 Likes