What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Was passing through past the TV when the quiz program, the Chase was on.
Wichita linesman was a correct answer……great singer and session musician.

17 Likes

Wichita Lineman has been an earworm of mine since I first heard it back in the day, well played!

8 Likes

26 Likes

Enjoying on Vinyl on 4 AD records -Ultra Vivid Scene - Ultra Vivid Scene

4 Likes

Only bought this album because of Mercy Seat. :sunglasses:

1 Like

s-l960
Where The Light Is: John Mayer Live In Los Angeles, spinning the second disc which features a set with his regular touring band.

14 Likes

Revisiting my late teens here with the Qobuz Simple minds play list… decent sample!

16 Likes

The Doobie Brothers | Minute By Minute | 1978
The Doobies take on a different sound direction here when Michael Macdonald came in to lead. Never an issue for me as I am Macdonald fanboy and IMHO this is fantastic peak Doobies doing their blue eyed soul.

14 Likes

The latest in Craft’s Bernie Grundman-cut Contemporary vinyl reissue series. The title track is a bit of a groovy banger. The key presence here is of course the great Scott LaFaro, making a rare appearance outside the Bill Evans Trio…

9 Likes

3 x LP - Blue Note Tone Poet 2024 reissue : )

Sonny Rollins - A Night At The “Village Vanguard”

<<>>

afternoon set:
Sonny Rollins – tenor saxophone
Donald Bailey – bass
Pete LaRoca – drums

evening set:
Sonny Rollins – tenor saxophone
Wilbur Ware – bass
Elvin Jones – drums

Recordings: Village Vanguard NYC on 3rd November 1957

~ < < :saxophone: > > ~

14 Likes

I go between the two, so my verdict, equally as good! :rofl:

1 Like

Neil Young - Fu##in’ Up
Seen others play this and just realised what it was. Ragged Glory is probably my favourite of Neils albums and this is another way to hear it.

10 Likes

Nick Drake - Bryter Layter - CD (1971)

22 Likes

10 Likes

The song, Gentry, both!

2 Likes

Roxy Music - Siren.

22 Likes

Brian Auger’s Oblivion Express - Brian Auger’s Oblivion Express (1971)

Kicks off with a John McLaughlin tune.

Throughout Jim Mullen plays some scorching guitar. Robbie McIntosh from The Average White Band on drums.

Star of the show is Brian Auger.

IMG_8972

10 Likes

One of those great lost albums which eventually sees the light of day decades down the line and for which many of us are grateful. Uniti Core.

6 Likes

Lucky enough to see him at the Jazz Cafe years ago, with his daughter on vocals. Fantastic gig, he’s a great player

2 Likes

This is Loon, by Ólafur Arnalds and Nils Frahm. A very good ambienty electronicy album.

3 Likes