What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Briefcase Full of Blues

14 Likes

Just a fantastic pop album. Great songs. Great production. Polished performances all round. Excellent. Uniti Core. Might try the HiRes next.

20 Likes

‘Stronger Than Pride’ from this box set… :sunglasses: :notes: :grinning: :+1:

16 Likes

love this album

4 Likes

From Qobuz sounds superb.

12 Likes

Second spin of the latest album from Jenny Lewis, Joy’ All and enjoying it very much.

13 Likes

Paul Simon - In The Blue Light. An album from 2018 where Paul revisits parts of his back catalogue in a slightly unorthodox way.

12 Likes

2023 Blue Note Tone Poet Series vinyl release… :notes: :sunglasses: :+1: :grinning:

11 Likes

That was in heavy rotation at HiFi Review as a reference recording. At least I think it was that mag. It used to hew closely to the Linn/Naim party line, and no longer exists.

1 Like

The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers - CD (1971)

24 Likes

An interesting comparison. The Wilson mix is softer, more sophisticated for want of a better word. My Cd rip is more dynamic. You pays your money I guess. I have the vinyl but I don’t fancy another go just now :smiley:

2 Likes

It is just a wonderful album. Lexicon of Love II was disappointing.

1 Like

2023 Acoustic Sounds Series vinyl release… :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses: :+1:

7 Likes

Swingout Sister - It’s Better To Travel
Another 80’s classic.

16 Likes

I never bothered with them after Lexicon. Just thought they’d never manage to hit the same height again.

1 Like

And you were right :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cherry has produced some great music over the years and this is no exception. Four Tet in the production chair, subterranean bass for lovers of bass. Great songs & production.

6 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Sitting around thinking about the good Captain and the Magic Band like one does, I realised I hadn’t played this in ages:

Zappa/Beefheart/Mothers
Bongo Fury
Discreet US press 1975

8 Likes

What! Beauty Stab is a masterpiece.

3 Likes