What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Hank Mobley Soul Station / 1999 Blue Note / Netherlands CD / RVG Edition / 724349534322

Hank Mobley Tenor Saxophone
Wynton Kelly Piano
Paul Chambers Bass
Art Blakey Drums

14 Likes

First Aid Kit - Palamino Deluxe (Child of Summer Edition), being as it’s such a summery day😊

10 Likes

Jazz In Britain CD - A stimulating hour of music recorded live in 1989 from the Watts tape archive

2 Likes

Santana Moonflower / 2003 Columbia / Austria CD x 2 / 5111312

17 Likes

John Williams in Tokyo - John Williams, Saito Kinen Orchestra

First listen to this new release from John Williams… very good

9 Likes

<<>>

Happy Birthday Billy Joel! :birthday: :partying_face:

born on 9th May 1949 in the Bronx in New York City and grew up on Long Island :us:

~ < < :musical_keyboard: > > ~

16 Likes

Just had notification that the Vinyl version I ordered of this last week, has been dispatched this morning :blush:

5 Likes

8 Likes

1st run

5 Likes

The Beautiful South - Carry On Up The Charts - CD (1994)

It’s Happy :birthday: Birthday to singer, songwriter Paul Heaton from English alternative rock band The Housemartins. The group’s a cappella cover version of ‘Caravan of Love’ (originally by Isley-Jasper-Isley) was a UK No.1 single in December 1986. And with The Beautiful South had the 1990 UK No.1 single ‘A Little Time’ plus over 15 other UK Top 40 singles.

19 Likes

Pink Floyd - Meddle

A Pillow of Winds is so perfect for a fine spring afternoon.

31 Likes

Arrived today after a bit of a wait - Agitation Free 3CD + DVD. Listening to the live album, excellent cosmiche music.

4 Likes

Hugh Cornwell - Monster
Side 3 & 4 stranglers tunes
On Record

5 Likes

On CD:-

Anton Bruckner - Symphony No. 4 - Bernard Haitink - Concertgebouw Orchestra, Amsterdam

5 Likes

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

I was at a funeral yesterday for a friend who’d died suddenly at age 61. He was a Naim user, with an LP12 and active NBL system. For various reasons we hadn’t kept in touch as we should have, but he will be missed.

His son played a solo adaptation of the title track from this album on guitar. Poignant and nicely done.

35 Likes

Barry Grey - Supercar Television Soundtrack - CD (2020)

The first children’s tv series I can remember watching, well I was only 3 :grin: memories, memories.

18 Likes

Many moons ago I went to a talk by Gerry Anderson and remember him talking about Supercar. Apparently they nearly blew whole shows budget blow molding the canopy on the car. Took quite a few attempts to make it and was really costly at the time. He was a really funny man and a great speaker.

5 Likes

Professor Beaker! Mike Mercury! I had a model of Supercar, my mate broke it. I suspect on purpose. Enjoy :grin:

2 Likes

I think that was my first TV annual. Even had black and white pages of print with a mono coloured hand drawn picture at the head of the story.

2 Likes

Jake Xerxes Fussell – Good and Green Again
CD rip | 2022

folk. enjoyable album.

11 Likes