What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

There are a couple of live albums too, of which The Blow-Up is superb – arguably bettered only by Marquee Moon.

Verlaine famously hated committing to studio takes. He wanted spontaneity, improv, and all that good stuff. The Blow-Up has all that. The sound is not as pristine as the studio albums, but the performances are wonderful.

4 Likes

Cheers mate for the info …will investigate
Ian

3 Likes

Tom Verlaine - Tom Verlaine

His first solo album. Bowie covered Kingdom Come on Scary Monsters.

Several tracks on this album - “The Grip of Love”, “Breakin’ in My Heart”, “Last Night”, and “Red Leaves” trace their roots to unreleased Television songs.

7 Likes

Another great guitarist to follow Emily Remler. Jazz In Britain LP.

3 Likes

It’s so nice to see someone playing Emily’s music. I’d give that album ten likes if I could.

2 Likes

Banco de Gaia | Maya | 1994
Why? Well it’s fine chill out, dance ,electronic with knobs on from young Toby and it’s reached that grand old age of thirty this year.

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s a strong album, better than I remembered. Too bad that she passed at such a young age.

2 Likes

PG - UP
USA 2002 Classic Records Quiex SuperVinyl
Mastered by Bernie Grundman and Chris Bellman

Some time ago I read in another forum that this is one of the best sounding records of PG. I had the opportunity to buy this one for a reasonable price and yes, it sounds amazingly. Soundstage is multi layered and three dimensional. Though it is a digital recording it sounds definitely better than on CD. Bernie and co. did a fantastic job. If you could grab an affordable one I could recommend it. :ok_hand:

12 Likes

It Bites - Once Around the World

Playing this for Dapper, who was with me at the Bierfkeller in Bristol on 26 April 1988 when It Bites virtually blew the doors off. Rest in peace, my friend.

10 Likes

Mrs Q is watching the Golf, so I’m back down the cabin on this lovely warm evening.

6 Likes

I’m envious, myself and millions of others have a lot to thank him for, right up to UFO / Space 1999.

4 Likes

John Coltrane - Giant Steps - CD (1960)

16 Likes

Maggie Rogers – Notes From The Archive: Recordings 2011-2016
CD rip | 2020

2 Likes

IPlayer… 2nd Semi final of Eurovision… nothing interesting so far.

UfO was stunning for its time around 1970
A couple of years ago I did a series record on it and really enjoyed seeing it again
Just so cool
As a kid the Dinky Toys like the interceptors and Commander Strakers car which I remember you pushed back and it was energised and went forward were brilliant.
The best toy I thought was the Mobile…I think you flicked a catch on the top and there was a missile launcher.Which you could fire a missle .
Just got these pictures from E bay
As adults we are all kids at heart…well I am
Hope you’re feeling better Garry with your sad loss

17 Likes

9 Likes

The singer and guitarist of Shellac and Big Black, Steve Albini (1962-2024) was also a legend behind the boards, producing and engineering for some of the most important rock bands of all time. This playlist includes music by his own groups, plus tracks from Nirvana’s ‘In Utero,’ Pixies’ ‘Surfer Rosa,’ PJ Harvey’s ‘Rid of Me’ and the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion’s ‘Acme.’ (Photo: Frans Schellekens/Redferns)

3 Likes

:sunglasses:

1 Like

One of the best ITC shows, TBH they are all good, huge fan of this era of TV shows. From Gerry Anderson to Zoo Gang or Jason King I love all the shows.

4 Likes

Stephen Stills - Stephen Stills
Just came in from a BBQ in our garden, nice way to end the day. Cheers to everyone.

15 Likes