What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Thanks Ian, the mono effect seemed appropriate, playing very old music on an old tuner.

The valves /tubes are primarily the Audio Note 4242E version of the 211 with a couple of very old-timers in front.

2 Likes

Originally released as ‘Safe As Milk’ (I have the CD with that title) I bought this vinyl in 1970 having been introduced to the Captain initially with TMR the previous year set about getting his earlier stuff(Thats vaguely how I remember it anyway)

8 Likes

Teach Trucks Band, let me get by. Thank you @patk ! :smiling_face:

12 Likes

Quincy Jones - “The Dude”.

9 Likes

New album from the North East of England based Strictly Smokin’ Big Band on CD. Great fun!

5 Likes

Bedtime Tunes:

18 Likes

I guessed correctly! Yes, Sampler 3 was released as normal in a case with full cover deisgn (as shown in my photo), and also given away with an issue of Hi-Fi News in a card sleeve.

Additionally, there were a number of other naim compilations given away with Hi-Fi Choice, and a couple of other magazines. All the ones in my collection sound great, and are regularly played.

Glad you enjoy yours too.

2 Likes

Kandace Springs, my name is Sheba. :smiling_face:

8 Likes

Silje Nergaard, self titled album. :smiling_face:

8 Likes

This lad knows a thing or two about string bending.

11 Likes

Matt Berninger Serpentine Prison

15 Likes

Green Carnation - Journey to the End of the Night (from the 2004 Trilogy box-set, limited edition)

For a band formed by ex-Emperor and Satyricon bassist, Tchort, you’d be forgivin for thinking that Green Carnation would be another dose of fulminating Norwegian black metal, yet Journey to the End of the Night is a melting pot of prog, goth and doom metal that somehow manages to balance all the disparate elements. There are smatterings of early-The Gathering and In the Woods but the sound has a hallucinogenic quality that gives it a fey-like weirdness that keeps the sound fresh some nigh-25 years later.

Collected here with at the time Green Carnation’s three releases, I have little memory of the quality of this pressing. Well strap yourself in because against all reason this obscure Norwegian debut might be one of the best sounding albums I own. Rich, weighty, stunningly detailed with a soundstage so holographic you think you were teleported right into the studio, the sound here is second-to-none. I was shaking my head in disbelief. An utter gem.

3 Likes

The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead - CD (1986)

Happy Birthday :birthday: Morrissey, 65 today 22/05/59

English singer, songwriter Steven Morrissey from The Smiths, who scored the 1984 UK No.10 single ‘Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now’, plus over 15 other UK Top 40 singles’. As a solo artist he scored the 1988 UK No.5 single ‘Suedehead’ plus over 15 other UK Top 40 singles. Widely regarded as an important innovator in the indie music scene, he has also attracted media attention for his advocacy of vegetarianism and animal rights.

12 Likes

Picking something else from the list of Acid House choices provided by @Bobthebuilder earlier in the week.

The Brand New Heavies eponymous 1st album today after enjoying Jamiraquai’s 1st yesterday.

5 Likes

Simon Fowler’s Merrymouth

From the singer of Ocean Colour Scene we have an album of what might be termed acoustic English folk songs.

Very pleasant indeed. One of those gems that get overlooked and are a joy to discover.

IMG_9065

1 Like

Escaped to the Cabin on this miserable wet day as the cleane4 does her thing in the house.

Fleetwood Mac - Tango In The Night, Qobuz Hi Res on NDX2 as I’m feeling to lazy to hunt out the CD🤷🏻‍♂️

21 Likes

Why? Was supposed to be taking a friend to Elvington Air Museum but it was cancelled because of the weather. Will make it a music day instead.

steve

19 Likes

Mike Melvoin + Charlie Haden + Bill Henderson
The Capitol Sessions / 2000 naim / Austria CD / naimcd025

4 Likes

Scrolling down the list of favourite artists after Fleetwood Mac and came across Gary.
Why not I thought…:blush:

13 Likes

Why? Change of pace. Cannot describe the effect of that trumpet on my head…

steve

21 Likes