What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

The Interrogation - The Afternoon Play on BBC R4.

Two detectives question “one of their own” about a death. There has been ‘previous’.

But one of the detectives and the suspect “are family”.

2 Likes

Why? It’s the next bend in the road.

steve

27 Likes

For no particular reason other than that I’ve had it for ages and I don’t think I’ve ever played it…

18 Likes

Elton John - Honky Chateau - CD (1972)

Bernie Taupin, English lyricist, poet, and singer and Elton John’s long-time song writing partner, is 74 today.

20 Likes

Cos I’ve got some ripped blues cd’s to get through.

15 Likes

Caitlin Canty – Reckless Skyline
CD|2015

singer-songwriter w/ folk, blues, and country influences.

6 Likes

Well, I couldn’t go past R and not play some Rush now, could I…:wink:

13 Likes

Joining you Kev for some Bowie on a showery Wednesday afternoon
Wishing you a fine evening
Hunky Dory - Sounding great on vinyl

30 Likes

Eric Clapton

Rarities 2001-2010

Edward

10 Likes

maxthon_pic

5 Likes

T is for The Tedeschi Trucks Band

Let Me Get By

11 Likes

The Specials - Specials - CD (1979)

Happy 70th Birthday, Jerry Dammers, founder member and keyboard player with The Specials, and contributed to the founding of the Coventry based 2 Tone Records.

19 Likes

I bought this on a whim, after someone on here mentioned him. Not something I would normally listen too, perhaps mood?, but enjoying it !!!

3 Likes

Great buy, enjoy, I did the same last week after @AndyP brought him to my attention, great artist :+1:t2:

2 Likes

It’s Ra o’clock. Sun Ra Inside the Light World. An archeological find of a mid 80s Arkestra set. The usual heady mix of ellingtonia, cosmic jazz and chanting, lots of old favourites - oh and some Ra synth noodling too. An as ever excellent Strut RSD double vinyl package.

8 Likes

Kings of leon… cruising some recent releses while Miss Deeg slaves at the stove for once :rofl:

5 Likes

Curtis Amy ‘Katanga’. Original Pacific Jazz stereo pressing.

9 Likes

The Steve Howe Trio - New Frontier - CD (2019)

6 Likes

Lucy Rose, This Ain’t The Way You Go Out. Her latest album that I’ve recently acquired and am playing lots.

7 Likes

That one was a really good and undersung RSD release, great sound, good performance and nice notes/package.

1 Like