What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Bedtime Tunes:

6 Likes

Shutting down the systems prior to spending a few days in Lisbon (God, I love retirement!). Thought this would be an appropriate finish, given that we are staying in Alfama, where this stuff began. Looking forward to hearing some live.
Carminho - Fado

5 Likes

Oh boy! This is so good. Making the most of things before tomorrow’s thunder storm shutdown. :blush:

13 Likes

Jorja Smith - Falling or Flying

4 Likes

18 Likes

Me too. She had the most amazing smile. Somehow always makes me smile too. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Take care and have a good weekend @Pete_the_painter. :blush:

2 Likes

Cat Stevens, teaser and the firecat. :smiling_face:

22 Likes

Sophia Loren, goodness gracious me! She is beautiful in a different way… :wink:

IMG_9790

10 Likes

Both beautiful women but for a little Aussie battler growing up in the suburbs of Sydney Olivia just seemed a little more attainable.

5 Likes

Green Carnation - Light of Day, Day of Darkness (from the 2004 Trilogy box-set, limited edition)

Alongside Crimson by Edge of Sanity, Light of Day, Day of Darkness (LODDOD) represents the pinnacle of the album-length epic, a 60-minute single track that charts the grief of composer Tchort losing one child and the joy in the birth of another. An emotional roller coaster that marries swelling prog movements and operatic female vocals with some of the heaviest, neck-snapping riffs that encapsulate all the rage and despair the human mind can incubate. This is all carried by the multi-faceted vocals of Kjetil Nordhus who deftly shifts and weaves his singing through the eye of the various emotional needles. This can be a draining listen once over, leaving one spent but deeply satisfied. Not something to thrown on for background listening but demanding full-attention and yes, respect. A masterpiece, warts and all.

Sound-wise this pressing was a bit of a disappointment compared to the superlative quality of the band’s debut. Not bad and overall commendable but lacking in superlatives. Still more than listenable, however.

Tomita Snowflakes Are Dancing / 2000 BMG / EU CD / 09026635882

10 Likes

Julie London, calendar girl. :smiling_face:

10 Likes

19 Likes

Larry Carlton Collection Volume 2 / 2007 GRP / Japan Promo CD / MVCJ24013

4 Likes

8 Likes

Sarah Walker’s Sunday morning show on Radio 3
And as always @Clive enjoy if your tuned in

images

3 Likes

On CD:-

Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left

23 Likes

Bobbie Gentry, patchwork. :smiling_face:

10 Likes

17 Likes

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours - CD (1977)

Happy :birthday: Birthday, Stevie Nicks 26/05/48

American singer-songwriter Stevie Nicks, from Fleetwood Mac who scored the 1987 UK No.5 single ‘Little Lies’ and 1977 US No.1 single ‘Dreams’, taken from the world-wide No.1 album Rumours. She scored the solo, 1981 US No.1 & UK No.11 album Bella Donna, and the 1989 hit single ‘Rooms On Fire’. Nicks joined Fleetwood Mac in 1975 along with her then boyfriend, Lindsey Buckingham.

31 Likes