What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Picked this up last week, is it supposed to have 2 discs?

5 Likes

Yes but the two were a limited 1,000 package La Belle et La Bete has 35 tracks each about a minute long.

The Love that Whirls has 12 tracks.

2 Likes

This is odd, inside that Bill Nelson LP … a Bill appreciation society?

Not bad for £6 then?

2 Likes

Prince - 3121.

8 Likes

@Taake
Hammers Of Misfortune are a strange act. Over the years I think I have bought 5 of their albums (although not 17th street) and found some of them to be quite frustrating. I really like The August Engine but the rest never seem to get much of a play and have now found their way into the “sell/trade” pile. Some undoubted talent but the music doesn’t seem to connect with me for some reason

1 Like

Inspired by a post from @BertBird. E.S.T Live in London. This is the dog’s proverbials.

13 Likes

12 Likes

Keith Urban

3 Likes

8 Likes

Yello - Touch

19 Likes

‘Hunky Dory’ - David Bowie

28 Likes

Neil Young - Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere - CD (1969)

23 Likes

A really good double album compilation of artists on the legendary Motown label
25 U.S. No.1 Hits From 25 Years

5 Likes

We Are The Fallen | Tear The World Down | 2010
Just a great goth metal album with a sprinkling of symphonic rock on top, fronted by a fine female voice, sadly this debut album was to be their last as the band split and went their own ways. Give it a listen if you don’t know it and enjoy the likes of Evanesence, Within Temptation, Nightwish and the their like. In fact a few members of Evanescence came over to The Fallen. This is hard and punchy. Why haven’t I played it for so many years!!..

We Are the Fallen is an American Alternative Metal band consisting of Irish singer and former American Idol contestant Carly Smithson, Marty O’Brien and former members of American band Evanescence Ben Moody, John LeCompt and Rocky Gray.

6 Likes

Bonny Light Horseman - Keep Me on Your Mind / See You Free

It’s funny how album covers can either make you listen or pass by new releases. This is one I passed by but thankfully, all the posts here made me give it a try… and I really like it! Cheers everyone :grinning:

12 Likes

Nick Cave - The Boatman’s Call - CD (1997)

22 Likes

‘Revolver’ - The Beatles

The outtakes double LP in the box set is superb. Repeat listens are rewarded.

Let’s hope Santa delivers a ‘Rubber Soul’ box set later this year.

22 Likes

Paul McCartney - Flaming Pie Deluxe Edition, playing the bonus disc, which features acoustic demos, b-sides and unreleased tracks recorded during the period of the album sessions.

10 Likes

One caveat. The instrumental track of ‘Rain’, played at the “real” speed (subsequently slowed down, for John to overdub his vocal) doesn’t sound right at all. Too fast/frenetic - I don’t believe the band played at that speed as claimed/demonstrated.

1 Like