What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Matthew Sweet – Girlfriend
vinyl|1991

2014 re-release, 180g.

9 Likes

Ashton, Gardner & Dyke - What A Bloody Long Day It’s Been

From 1972 superb guitar from Mick Liber and lovely brass.

Although the band name sounds like a firm of accountants they were seasoned musicians on their third album and with huge hit , "Resurrection Shuffle“ under their belt.

7 Likes

Amy Holland, wife of Doobie Michael McDonald……done some lovely music.

1 Like

Awesome album. 53 years old & sounding as good as ever. What’s not to like?

30 Likes

When I was getting into music in the early 70’s there were obsure albums you read about in books but no one had a copy and they were out of print.

This would have been one of them. George’s first solo album.

A nice programme on Radio 4 Extra about the recording of this album at HMV Studios in Bombay.

George Harrison - Wonderwall

18 Likes

Disc 3 from an enjoyable box set. Uniti Core.

8 Likes

8 Likes

Bedtime Tunes:
Beth Nielsen Chapman - You Hold The Key

Special mention to @davidng who posted this last night.

6 Likes

The latest Marillion set.

8 Likes

Going through the 1001 albums you must listen to before you die at the moment and have been given Prodigy The Fat of the Land from this list.

Firestarter was my first introduction to the Prodigy as they were active in the period from my marriage to the birth of the third of 3 children up to this. Although quite up to date with music in the 90s I wasn’t a dancer or rave attender so completely missed this type of music up to about 1997 when it sort of had its mainstream moment.

Only bought Jilted in the noughties (which still took a bit of getting in to for me) and never owned tFotL.

So? Well this is a wonderful album, such energy and verve. So much of it has been assimilated into the mainstream since then that it maybe doesn’t sound quite so so extraordinary but it really is such a tour de force. I don’t give many 5/5, but this is one of those.

.sjb

16 Likes

Hey, this is my first post.

Meshell is great; listening to this atm

12 Likes

Definitely not Bowie’s best but it always takes me back to a happy place.

Young American

25 Likes

Daryl Halls latest.

5 Likes

14 Likes

Arooj Aftab latest set.

10 Likes

14 Likes

Cowboy Junkies Lay it Down

9 Likes

I love a new Eels album my first chance to listen to Time.

12 Likes

Very very nice especially on 180g vinyl
Evangeline is absolutely brilliant …what a love song …yeah a lovely album that from Mathew Sweet .
I also saw you posted REM 's Dead Letter Office
The cover of Pale Blue Eyes is stunning isn’t it
Wishing you a fine Friday and weekend
Cheers Ian

3 Likes

The Kinks - Something Else By The Kinks - CD (1967)

Happy :birthday: Birthday Ray Davies, 80 Today 21/06/44

English musician Ray Davies, singer, songwriter with The Kinks, who had the 1964 UK No.1 & US No.7 ‘You Really Got Me’, and the 1967 UK No.2 single ‘Waterloo Sunset’ and the 1983 US No.6 single ‘Come Dancing’. The Kinks have sold over 50 million records worldwide and among numerous honours, they received the Ivor Novello Award for “Outstanding Service to British Music”.

19 Likes