What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Another ACR album, this time from October 1982, and again on original Factory vinyl:

4 Likes

Nippon LP, great big band recording.

3 Likes

Decided to check tonight’s headliner at Glasto.
Please, kill me now!

6 Likes

Israel Kamakawiwo’Ole, the best of. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Blue Note Classic LP

10 Likes

Don’t mind Dua Lipa so much ( by the numbers pop, so not much interest to me), Tame Impala joining her though…tame, indeed. No wonder I sold his CD.

2 Likes

Roxy Music, Avalon. :smiling_face:

27 Likes

One of the many gems I’m listening to lately

that I came across on the history of Rock in 500 songs podcast.

.sjb

12 Likes

And, it’s very, very good

1 Like

Good thing about owning a record store was you got the opportunity to listen some guilty pleasures without having to own up to own them. One of those pleasures was John Denver’s Back Home Again. I use to tell everyone it was cheese but secretly enjoyed it, some classic tracks that just made you feel something.

12 Likes

Thanks for the heads up I’d never heard of them.

5 Likes

@crispyduck

It’s very good - never heard of them although I have heard a few of their tracks somewhere on radio etc

They have quite a few albums out

Thanks crispduck as you say summery quite laid back stuff, well not too laid back , gee a riff in this song sounds like Crowded House

1 Like

Men At Work - Business As Usual - CD (1981)

As It’s Colin Hay’s Birthday today, he’s 71, seemed appropriate to give this a spin. Colin a Scottish Australian musician with Men At Work, (1983 UK and US No.1 single ‘Down Under’).

18 Likes

He’s also put out a few fine solo albums as well.

4 Likes

Antonio Forcione Ghetto Paradise / 1998 naim / Austria CD / naimcd032

15 Likes

I went to bed earlier, much better use of my time than listening to that shrieking banshee strutting around the pyramid stage !!

2 Likes

Sometimes you have to play it as it lays.

As it says the album is: “ on the one hand standing as an indication of just how fierce the hysteria around the lad was, but, on the other, living proof of what a sensational showman he was”

A scorching version of Buffalo Springfield’s ‘For What It’s Worth’

David Cassidy - Cassidy Live!

7 Likes

Steven Isserlis - Bach: The Cello Suites - 2005 - Hyperion CDA67541/2

Starting this morning with this. Wonderful music beautifully played and recorded.

10 Likes

Pat Metheny Group First Circle / 2016 ECM / Japan SHM CD / UCCU5722

11 Likes

Trying out

3 Likes