What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Arcade Fire – Funeral
CD rip | 2004

Indie rock.

14 Likes

And Prince took me here

2 Likes

18 Likes

Was listening to Tapestry by Carole King, and wondered what Danny Kortchmar was doing these days….her guitarist, amongst many others.
And playing this band, him and friends

2 Likes

Randy Newman - Sail Away

Longest song on this album is 3 minutes 36 seconds the rest are around 2 minutes - that is all the time Randy needs.

My favourite song is Last Night I Had A Dream with some lovely slide guitar from Ry Cooder.

14 Likes

Creams Reunion Concert at The Royal Albert Hall On Sky Arts at the moment …Legends

12 Likes

I was there - just amazing.

7 Likes

Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie. :smiling_face:

14 Likes

Dunno why, but after the football I had an urge to hear this…

Original 1990 Factory Records 12-inch.

7 Likes

Nils Lofgren band live. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

More New Order (from the dsys when they were good). This is my tape (which over the past 40 years, has been very widely circulated) of their show at the Brixton Academy on 1st December 1983 – the first gig ever held at this famous venue, IIRC.

New Order were chaotic and had a few tech issues (with the Emulator and vocoder especially) but they were absolutely brilliant. The set was short (about 68 minutes) and there was no encore, but they included lengthy versions of two new songs, “Thieves Like Us” and “Aleph” (later to become “Sooner Than You Think”). But the highlight of the night was a lengthy “Blue Monday” which mutated into Divine’s “Love Reaction”, sung by Hooky and the band’s corpulent roadie of the time, Slim.

8 Likes

Bedtime Tunes:

8 Likes

Joe Jackson Body and Soul

19 Likes

Leo Sayer Just a Boy

6 Likes

White Zombie - Astro-Creep: 2000 (2012 reissue)

I’ve listened to White Zombie’s mega-popular Astro-Creep: 2000 since it came out in the mid nineties but never owned a copy myself as I would always borrow the CD from a mate. After picking up this re-issue from Music on Vinyl I re-acquainted myself with the industrial-thrash cuts and its as potent as its ever been. To sum up the music I could be reductive and state it’s Ministry but with a camp, pulpy 60s horror skin, swapping the anti-establishment political sound-bites for Hammer-horror monster moans and that would get you most of the way there. There’s some positively fiendish riffs that cut like a raving butcher’s knife but honed by some infectious song-writing as heard on :Super-charger Heaven" and hit single “More Human Than Human.” If you like Rob Zombie’s solo music but haven’t heard his earlier band then pick this up ASAP. Mandatory for any collection.

This pressing is pretty solid sonic-wise, a marked improvement over streaming and from the CD if my memory holds up, offering greater detail, body and slam. Not a massive, holographic soundstage nor is it warm and intimate but it still impresses on the whole.

4 Likes

Sarah Walker’s Sunday morning Radio 3 show
Her stories and education about the tracks shes playing are an absolute joy
And as always @Clive if your listening to on your 01 …Enjoy

5 Likes

Ozzy Osbourne

Diary Of A Madman

Still suffering from COVID, need something to help me feel better, this should do the trick.

Edward

9 Likes

Ringo Starr - Goodnight Vienna - CD (1974)

Happy :birthday: Birthday : Sir Richard Starkey, known professionally as Ringo Starr, 84 today 07/07/40

9 Likes

One of my first series of gigs was Cream in 67.

3 Likes

cover

3 Likes