What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Loving Tomita’s Moog so moving onto Will Gregory’s Moog. Moogalicious

6 Likes

5 Likes

Haven’t played this album for a good 35 years and it sounds great
Great production and basslines and Lisa’s soulful voice
Lisa Stansfield - Affection

15 Likes

Strangely enough I was playing this on Friday. A bit dated but still stands up well.

1 Like

Billy Joel - An Innocent Man
1983 Japanese 1st Pressing

Haven’t heard this Album for ages. Bought an excellent copy via Discogs in Japan and yes, it sounds fantastic. More than 40 years old but it feels like yesterday. Not audiophile but musically regarded a very fine record. Also with some good musicians like Michael Brecker, Toots Thielemanns, David Sanborn and many more. And these Japanese Pressings are always fantastic, perfect for a Sunday :ok_hand:

15 Likes

In those dark days before the internet and Bittorrent I was an avid buyer of vinyl bootlegs – New Order, Joy Division, Floyd and solo, Zep, Kraftwerk. I bought my first bootleg LP in December 1978. Then from 1988 I started buying CD boots.

Most of the LPs have been superceded, especially now that new or early gen sources have come to light, but I still love 'em in their tatty way.

8 Likes

The infamous Joy Division “Warsaw” boot from 1980, on vinyl. I bought this around 1983/4 in Portobello Market, I think. The music came from the 1978 RCA sessions the band did for Richard Searling – many of the songs later ended up on Unknown Pleasures; without Martin Hannett’s extraordinary production, they sound very different. There’s also a bonus 7" EP in this package, containing the band’s first Peel session.

Some of the songs are too fast (a tape fault?), and since I bought this, much better sources have become available, but it’s fun to play once in a while.

14 Likes

Frankie - Relax - 1983

The joy of one button 45 rpm … what have I been doing all these years :rofl:

14 Likes

A nice compilation CD of underground R @ B classics from America
Rare Groove Volumes 21 - 22

4 Likes

I bet it sounds awesome Steve have just dug my copy on 12 " out seeing your post
Love the Naim logo dovetailing the Rega logo on your equipment
How is that 250 in your system doing ?
Probably all the amp you will ever need
Hope all is well with you on this Sunday afternoon
Cheers Ian

3 Likes

Hi Ian, sounds great but moved the 250 on, too much amp for my system, 100 doing me just fine.

2 Likes

Revisiting s lot of old 45’s …

4 Likes

I remember buying this famous boot from a guy in Camden Market back in September '82. It cost me £25, which was a lot of money back then, even for a triple LP in a box. I also remember being bitterly disappointed - both the sound quality and pressing were rubbish and I felt like a right mug.

However this was a famous gig, recorded in September '72 at the Hollywood Bowl. Nowadays you can get the show for free, in much better SQ and mastered at the correct speed!

7 Likes

I was in Camden in Sept 1982. Remember the Honest Jon’s shop there with reggae on the ground floor and jazz in the basement? If my memory is right, the White Noise ‘Electric Storm’ was also created next door/upstairs !

3 Likes

Thats really refreshing to hear about the 250 and it being to much in your system
Good for you for moving it on and having your system in a sweetspot with the 100
There is a lot to be said for synergy at your current level rather than the money pit of upgrades for small marginal gains …if you enjoy what your system gets right thats what matters …more enjoyment getting vinyl and CDs
I really like the compact size kit you have and the Rega turntable is just perfect

5 Likes

Crikey! This is a big sound. About the time I stopped buying 12 inch singles in earnest, 2001.

3 Likes

Katie Melua - Album No.8 - CD (2020)

12 Likes

LP time - just fantastic - I love it !

Miles Davis (t)
Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock (p)
Ron Carter (eb)
Dave Holland (b)
Tony Williams (d)

16 Likes

Wasn’t a huge fan of that album (especially title song) but to me the album cover, as simple as it may appear, says it all.

1 Like

On vinyl:

Heard a great quote recently: “Steely Dan is your favorite band’s favorite band.”

22 Likes