What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

The White Stripes - The White Stripes - CD (1999)

Happy :birthday: Birthday : Jack White 09/07/75

American singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and producer Jack White, (John Gillis). With The White Stripes, he had the 2003 UK No.1 album Elephant which spent 46 weeks on the UK chart. White is also a member of The Raconteurs and The Dead Weather. Three of his solo albums have reached No.1 on the Billboard charts.

18 Likes

On CD:-

Hawkwind - In Search Of Space

23 Likes

One of my favourite albums - I just love the track Adjust Me.

3 Likes

Simple Minds - Once Upon A Time - CD (1985)

Happy 65th :birthday: Birthday : Jim Kerr 09/07/59

20 Likes

First purchase from my recently acquired Mojo book…

22 Likes

Kiasmos - II. Faroese/Icelandic minimal experimental techno, in collaboration with Ólafur Arnalds. Beautiful ambient electronic soundtrack to this dismal July day.

10 Likes

OK she hasn’t got the greatest voice but absolutely loving this album. The band cooks.

5 Likes

My highlight this year too. Well I pretty much knew they would be a highlight :+1:

I have probably posted this before but it does no harm to go again. One of the most important albums for me, I listened to it a lot at a significant time in my life in the early 80s.

15 Likes

Squeeze - Cool For Cats - CD (1979)

14 Likes

Baltimore-born, Levy was already well regarded as one of the best up-and-coming jazz guitarists at the time of Simba’s release. Having toured with George Benson and Jimmy McGriff , as well as featuring on McGriff’s Black Pearl album on Blue Note , he went on to sign with Sonny Lester’s Groove Merchant. Produced by Lester himself and recorded over two back-to-back days of sessions in 1973, Simba features a who’s who of ‘70s session players. The album features the legendary studio drummer Steve Gadd, Cecil Bridgewater on Flugelhorn, bass by Tony Levin and arrangements by Manny Albam.

4 Likes

No, i never did see them live a bit too young for that original RJD lineup.
I remember buying Difficult to Cure when it came out!

1 Like

This will do. Some classic early Rory Gallagher. For me the recording captures the atmosphere, terrific stuff! :guitar::guitar::guitar:

12 Likes

Mike Oldfield - Discovery - 1984

Not the original copy i bought 40 years ago, wow! How time flies.

15 Likes

Sorry to be off topic, thinking of getting a QB for the kitchen. Recommend one?

Soft Cell - Non Stop Erotic Cabaret - CD (1981)

Birthday :birthday: Wishes to Marc Almond : 65 today 09/07/59

12 Likes

I have been happy with it once I accepted that it is not really a wireless device which was a disappointment first (now using the Ethernet connection which in my case means a cable on the floor). However, sound quality is great for such a small equipment.

Mine is first generation one though and I believe current model is better (improved) in every way.

1 Like

Infected Mushroom - Reborn

Fresh in and first play of this colourful double LP

6 Likes

Hatfield and the North

The first eponymous album, featuring delightfully titled songs such as ‘Big Jobs (Poo Poo Extract)’. Nice album though.

10 Likes

FM - The Original Movie Soundtrack | 1978
Because there is some fine old stuff on here.

7 Likes