What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Loving on CD :smile_cat:
Eric Clapton - The Blues Years

8 Likes

cover-ALPHA757
Cello and violin to clear the cobwebs away. Patricia Kopatchinskaja is the most exciting violinist I’ve heard and I discipline myself to listen to the entire CD rather than skip the more astringent bits. Sol Gabetta is the cellist. One to listen hard to.

4 Likes

Robert Plant - Band Of Joy - CD (2010)

25 Likes

A new album from Matthew Bourne. I think it’s wonderful.

2 Likes

Neffa - Arrivi e Partenze
Italy 2021
Great!

3 Likes

Van Morrison - Down The Road.

11 Likes

RIP LA Record Plant Studios.

8 Likes

3 trax from this set due out November 1st. Produced by Dan Auerbach.

4 Likes
1 Like

I used to like a bit of Camel, even if my friends did take the piss about imaginary swooping snow geese…

Anyway, I got a new toy yesterday - an Innuos Zen Mini (quite common here it seems) so I can re-rip my CDs as flac rather than the 128k mp3s I did 15 years ago.

So I’m rediscovering some music as I rip them and the Snow Goose turns up. Great! Let’s have a listen; sounds like absolute dogshit! My hifi has improved massively over the years, and it highlights a rubbish recording in this case.

Luckily I found a 2023 remaster on Tidal and the difference is night and day!

14 Likes

7 Likes

Classic Roger Waters.
Not the most PC cover but great album.

15 Likes

It might not be PC but I zoomed in anyway

5 Likes

IMG_2274

Gounod’s Faust and Bizet’s Carmen Suite. A new purchase for me on vinyl - originally released in 1960, this is the Analogue Productions reissue from a few years ago. Wonderful music and this pressing is excellent.

8 Likes

Late night tunes:

The Alan Parsons Project - Turn of a Friendly Card

My dad’s old copy, which I inherited almost 30 odd years ago, as he passed when I was a young lad. I think we may have had a lot of overlap in music and it certainly set the foundations of why it’s the out-of-control hobby it is today.

17 Likes

7 Likes

Iron Maiden - Killers - 1981

I like lots of music but maybe this the most.
IMG_2575

14 Likes

It will be on again shortly :clown_face:

1 Like

I have no idea what you mean? :rofl:

10 Likes

How rude! (woof!)

1 Like