What beer are you drinking and WHY might anyone be interested?

Drinking local Dales ale in the garden ‘Bothy’, just opened in time for Xmas…

Cheers

IMG_4983

IMG_4982

11 Likes

Could you get some Timothy Taylor? I may pop round. :grinning:

1 Like

ooh you lucky fella! pub in your own garden, now that’s livin all right,!

3 Likes

Got the beermats in place, whats’ your fave Taylor tipple…let me know if/when you are in the Dales and I will search out a cask… :beer:
Mind, Dark Horse takes some beating…

2 Likes

Kin ah cum too?

An’ Ah’ll bring youze a drop o’ Ilkley Blonde an’ sum Ossett Yorkshire Blonde … … … proper ales. :scotland:

3 Likes

Aye :beer:

The local Rugby club serves the Ossett Blonde…home game tomoz…

I do enjoy a nice blonde…(can I say that nowadays?)

5 Likes

:flushed: :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Hofstettner Granit-Bock

From a small brewery in Upper Austria.

Tastes incredibly strong and malty. I will definitely reorder it.

7.3% alc.

10 Likes

A long overdue winter afternoon session with South Norfolk’s finest Grain Brewery whilst watching the classy lowlanders knock out the energetic old colonials.

Started off with an aperitif of citrusy 316 then a hoppy fruity redwood or two rounding off on a digestif of a couple of smooth chocolatey Blackwood Stouts. No pix to preserve confidentiality but derails below.

4 Likes

Huyghe Brewery: La Mère Noël - Belgium

Tastes almost exactly like Leffe Blond, perhaps a touch sweeter!?

8.5% alc.

7 Likes

Landlord

3 Likes

Enjoying a Balter Lager on a Sunday evening, Balter used to be co owned by Nick Fanning (shark punching surfer) until he and his partners sold it for mega bucks to one if the bigger breweries.

7 Likes

His n hers

14 Likes

Einstöck, Icelandic Winter Ale - from Iceland

Tastes far better than it smells. Very fruity with a caramel note. Bittersweet and smoky in the finish. 8.0% alc.

13 Likes

My pal was in Sweden the other day in a rooftop bar and posted some extortionate bar bills which he kept describing in Euros, but they were hopefully in krona.

I’d hate to think he paid 598 Euros for 6 x 200 ml bottles of Chimay Trappist beer.

My local store had this pair of larger 330ml beers for £9 when I checked earlier, about to open one now to have with a chicken roast dinner!

17 Likes

Not a Christmas beer but Duvel always tastes good.

17 Likes

Delirium Christmas - Huyghe Brewery, Belgium

With 10% alc. quite strong. A little bitter, but easy to drink. After 3 bottles you will probably see pink elephants like on the label.

13 Likes

BrewDog Hoppy Xmas, Scotland

I like the brewdog beers. Also this one, relatively low alcohol for a christmas beer (6%). Tastes less strong than it actually is.

10 Likes

Spoilt for choice…

taylors

14 Likes

My brother & sister in law has given us an advent hamper, this is day 14’s!
Different, a bit to tropical for me🤔

6 Likes