What book are you reading right now?

The story of a bee keeper who lives in an abandoned village (because of the fighting) in the Ukrainian Grey Zone in 2017.

1 Like

Paddy Mayne biography. Probably destroyed more Axis aircraft than anybody else in WW2. His methods controversially prevented him from receiving VC.
514NnrU2yHL.SX322_BO1,204,203,200

7 Likes

Thanks for mentioning this book, looks like something I should get.

Have you read the three volumes of George Sansoms History of Japan? I have reread them several times and regard them as worthwile, despite their age.

1 Like

I have not read the Sansoms’ books. Worth investigating, thank you for the information.

us a big fan of the movie i started to read the book it,s diferent to movie actually Stephen king was angry with Kubrick

2 Likes

7 Likes

Frightened the life out of me when I read it!

steve

2 Likes

1 Like

The Outcry by Henry James. Both a failed play and his last novel (adapted from the play). I’m reading the play.

1 Like

Too many Audible credits as usual, so listening rather than reading.

4 Likes

Thank you.

Passion for returning to my ‘best of times’ in jazz,books and film costs me more than living in the present.:flushed:

1 Like

Just finished this by Pat Barker who wrote the brilliant ‘Regeneration’ trilogy. It is a retelling of The Iliad but told from the perspective of the Trojan women who were captured by the Greeks and used as ‘bed-slaves’ by the Greek leaders who were laying siege to Troy. Absolutely brilliant and highly recommended

4 Likes

1 Like

I’m reading this. A lot of info to digest, but he write good.

5 Likes

I have enjoyed all of Mr. Hammer’s Australian stories.

The searing heat coming off the pages of this novel would allow you to turn the heating down a couple of degrees.

On Kindle bought when .99p.

1 Like

Two new colouring books. Hasui and Klimt.

I like an occupation when I am not so mobile. I can colour and listen to Radio 4 drama or Qobuz at the same time.

2 Likes

Elizabeth Finch by Julian Barnes.

1 Like

I am a big fan of Hastings’ books and this is a corker:

4 Likes