What ceiling speakers for Atmos?

Contemplating moving to Atmos in home cinema (different speakers/amp to Naim setup) and going for in-ceiling speakers (vaulted ceiling across room so can angle them correctly (as long as amp can correct for different distances as will be unusually far away). A setup with angles compatible with Dolby guidelines for 5.1.4 is easily doable. A second sub may also be added later. Amp will probably be the Denon AVC-X6500H or the AVR-3600H.

So the q is, what sort of in-ceiling speakers? Don’t want to spend a fortune, and so if £100 ones will do the Atmos effects fine then I don’t need to spend much more as I don’t want to play music through them… but no reviews out there that I can find which talk about them for home theatre duties, hence my q here - anyone got experiences/advice?

I’d try the B&W M1s; I enjoy a couple as raised back butts (front ProAc SM100 and central ProAc Center Channel) and are a delight. I have them on their feet, but I think they can be installed with a directional hanger, I do not know exactly if in the ceiling, but in the walls at the highest with orientation possible, sure.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.