What concert have you been to in 2020?

Looks like a wonderful gig. I am not into her music but read and saw her several interviews and she certainly has earned it and I have a huge respect for her.

It’s great that she’s still on top form.

1 Like

Do you have your wish list for Gatti’s replacement for the Concertgebouw?

I’m heading to Glasgow to see her this Friday. Now looking forward to it even more than before!

She’s on great form at the moment (as are her band) - it will be good!

Enjoy! George.

1 Like

Last night at Whistable music sessions Kacy & Clayton with support from Alex Rex -(Alex from Trembling Bells).

Nice to see a sold out gig given the weather conditions. Great venue and well organised.

Superb sets from both bands.

Yes sure, while I am not living in the Netherlands and wouldn’t have an immediate benefit of having the right conductor besides the recordings from the orchester…, when I wouldn’t look at the availability which I can’t estimate, I would have the following list of candidates:
Jaap van Zweden - the obvious preferred candidate
Francois Xavier-Roth
Santu-Matias Rouvalli
Manfred Honeck

Toyah Wilcox in the Basement of Pizza Express Holborn for their ‘Live’ events

Truly excellent, playing tracks I had not heard in many years

2 Likes

Is that the same Pizza Express Prince Andrew was at? :slight_smile:

Interestingly, I have read that Zweden was not one of the wish list from the orchestra musicians. Maybe because he’s a musical director at New York Phil already?

That’s also why I made the remark about availability. And I also reflecting on my personal interests for the conductor taking the position.
For van Zweden it would be this nice circle round type of story as well…

Ah ok. Honeck’s name has been mentioned many times already as Muti’s replacement in Chicago as well. So I am curious to see if he takes the Concertgebouw gig, if it was offerred.

The Who earlier this evening at Prizm club, Kingston upon Thames UK.

An acoustic warm up for the upcoming UK tour, Roger in fine voice and lots of good natured between song banter, good to see them up close. One new song from the new album the rest old favourites including a. Wonderful “Kids Are Alright”

Prizm was originally The Granada cinema, the last time I was there was in 1963 to see Roy Orbison!

Chris

7 Likes

Who was the drummer for that gig?

Nice one…lucky you

They only had a percussionist a girl, I believe she’s toured with them before, didn’t catch her name.

ah ok.

The band were:

Simon Townsend, Phil Spalding, Jody Linscott (percussion) & Billy Nichols

Not wanting to appear picky, but Prostate I guess.

1 Like

Good old chellspecker! :joy:

Unfortunately, I’ve just had an email to advise me that Beth Hart’s sold out concert in Glasgow tonight has been called off. Very disappointing, but hopefully she’ll be back this way in the not too distant future.