What concert have you been to in 2022?

More the merrier Kev!

I certainly will. Will wear a New Order tee shirt :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Teddy Thompson at a new purpose built venue in Sunderland ’The Fire Station’. Straight in at my second favourite music venue

after The Sage Gateshead. Small and sound is fantastic.

1 Like

Off to this tonight, first gig of the year (last week’s Wolf Alice been rescheduled).

Excited

2 Likes

Ese And The Vooduu People @ The Rose and Crown in E17. Gig has just ended and I’m sat here with a Tequila while the band pack up.
One word: Immense

A fuller report will follow once I’ve got home, but by god, this Vooduu People incarnation are just…immense… I’ve rarely heard better.

And hats off to @TheKevster - the consummate host.

Nice to meet @biddler66 and his lovely wife too. Watch them collarbones!

From left:
Indigo - bass funkmonster
Eamon (hope I spelled correctly!) drum triplet-eer. Superb*
Ese - her guitar and voice just…just…:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Noel - my god, what congas, on one glass of Coke. I’m going to revise my drinking…

*Hell, the whole band was superb.

OK, home, waiting for the veg pie to cook. With a Flor de Cana rum for company.
More pics, but first…
Just wanna say that 1, new single from EVP this Friday and 2, BUY IT…you know it makes sense: support an honest-to-god great ‘small’ (for now) band. Dire Straits etc don’t need your money, small bands do.

This guy, the Rev’d from Alabama 3 agrees:

So does John: he danced all night:

4 Likes

Saxon. Hammersmith Odeon. Just now. With Uriah Heep, Girlschool and Diamond Head. Ace.

3 Likes

The Sage is great. Nick Cave there last September.

4 Likes

@Althepo
Great photo.

1 Like

Love her :heart:

2 Likes

Wow, that must have been amazing. Has no idea Diamond Head are still around!

I had no idea Saxon we’re still going! I saw them in 1981 I think. Presumably they now sing about ‘Wheelchairs of Steel’ :laughing:

3 Likes

@steviebee and @TheKevster great to meet you both. Great gig and sorry had to leave at interval. Sick kids … what do you do with them ! Next time ……

3 Likes

@steviebee @biddler66

The setlist in full:

![Ese & The Vooduu People Setlist Ye Olde Rose and Crown Theatre Pub, Walthamstow, London, England 2022](upload://xCKODwuO0iXwsemNbWoyLQojWX0.png)
Edit this setlist | More Ese & The Vooduu People setlists
2 Likes

Thanks Kev! I never remember the sequence…

So! It was called Surf!
Or…it is now :surfing_woman:!

Blimey, that Setlist site is something else! How in hell did I miss the gig at Belmont in September?! Dammit…

Not that I know where Belmont is in Leyton :wink:

Because it wasn’t open to the public, it was purely for filming purposes. You can view the results on the E&TVP Official YouTube channel…

1 Like

Cheers Kev. I think I’ve seen it then (but I’ll check cos I’m dense!) - sorry, didn’t connect the two when I saw the date in Setlist :crazy_face: :woozy_face:

1 Like

Or the concert I haven’t been to☹️!

We drove up to Tyneside yesterday afternoon really looking forward to hearing The Lost Words: Spell Songs at the Sage.

Sadly, Malik had other ideas, storm damage to the building caused the concert to be postponed less than three hours before the scheduled start. Full marks to the Sage though for sending a text message, an email and even phoning my mobile to ensure the audience was informed.

Hoping a new date can be arranged soon.

I was there too!
It was very strange only knowing two of their songs.
But I loved it and I really liked the venue. I just wish they had played longer than just over an hour. Haven’t had time to watch the webcast yet but it will be interesting to see if it matches my memory of it.
What did you think?

1 Like

Really enjoyed it - like you said, a bit hard when you don’t really know the songs and a shame it was over so quickly.

The in-the-round setup worked well I thought - but it was a small audience. Wouldn’t have been so great in a bigger place.

The webcast was only available for 48 hrs so you may have missed it :frowning: it made more sense rewatching it (and bluetoothing the sound to the NDX2)

Go Go Penguin at the Barbican - great set but maybe not quite hitting the heights. Nice lights - UFO Kings Lynn Tech c 1972 I believe!