What do you do when you're on a listening session?

For me, lights are usually dimmed and/or curtains drawn. Sitted at the sweet spot, ears at tweeter level and then just immerse into the music, listening through the whole album unless an odd track really urgs me.

I am often on the computer as some would have realised, on this forum, reading about music suggestions amongst other topics, researching and exploring such as reading about Maria Callas yesterday while enjoying her work. Computer fan is at the lowest setting or off to avoid distraction. Like @Dashing, I usually have a coffee with me and grab a snack between albums.

While I don’t like being distracted while listening, depending on what I feel like and listening to, I might get out of the sweet spot, move around or even sing along - the very thing I hate most from others when I am listening. :sweat_smile:

I honestly haven’t been listening very much at all lately. With Covid I have my wife working from home and my PITA son with my wife’s enabling living at home. I simply cannot find time to listen in the house without being interrupted. Only time I listen is in the car. Audi B&O system, playing Lossless Files from iPhone via AudioQuest Carbon to Apple CarPlay.

1 Like

It varies, lockdown has changed things, so dearly beloved shielding, a poorly cat choosing to spend her days sat in the sweet spot…
So I listen off centre, whilst using the PC, or often, as my mum used to do, whilst ironing.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.