What DVD, Blu-ray or streamed film have you just watched?

Reminds me of those guys, forgot what they call themselves, adrenalin thrill seekers who go around climbing sky scrapers, cranes etc then hang off them by their fingertips, nutters!

And of course the fearless Native Americans who built many of New Yorks skyscraper buildings

3 Likes

They have their own movie!

3 Likes

$42000 annual salary for these guys apparently………….it’s not enough :nauseated_face:

1 Like

I think I may have seen it but thanks for the reminder I’ll have another look :+1:

I never bother with IMDb and tomatoes is infested with so called critics that will put down any film if they can think of a clever construct whilst a doin the dishin.
I always read Roger Ebert (sadly no longer with us) or the Guardian. Peter Bradshaw rather than Komode .But always after watching the filum.

1 Like

Triggers my vertigo just watching it

Just watched “Fall”. For a budget of just $3M it’s quite astonishing just how much fear can be generated in a viewer who doesn’t like heights. Before I even knew about the film, this was my very worst nightmare.

I was literally watching from between my fingers and at one point, considered going behind the sofa - something I haven’t done since watching Dr Who (when it was a programme meant to be scary) as a kid.

I can’t wait to watch it again, like finishing the world’s scariest Rollercoaster- then joining the queue to go on it again.

Recommended!

2 Likes

Probably at the Cinema but does it come across as well on a smaller home screen? In my case 65"?

Forgot to mention I watched it on a 100” projection screen :grimacing:

1 Like

My screen is a mere 55” - and that was the effect. A friend saw it on an IMAX screen and is apparently still recovering !

I really enjoyed the documentary “Free Solo”; it turns out that that film was a major influence on the director of “Fall”.

2 Likes

I use IMDb a lot to help decide whether I want to watch something. 5.0 or above is enough for me. Just means a Balance of good vs bad reviews. I only read the bad ones because you can soon work out whether you care about what they are whining about :blush:

2 Likes

I dont always read the reviews, like you I just look at the overall score and tend to avoid anything below 5 IMBD unless its something I’m curious to take a punt on. I’m talking pay per view of course if its a freebie…

2 Likes

Watching it now on my 42" Samsung … … … but I’m sitting only a few inches away from the screen … … … vertigo incoming. :flushed: :flushed: :flushed:

3 Likes

Big fan of Patricia Highsmith’s Ripley novels.

The best adaptation of Ripley’s Game is the Wim Wenders film ‘The American Friend’ with Dennis Hopper and Bruno Ganz.

This version with John Malkovich and Ray Winstone is pretty good.

4 Likes

Just watched a Hopper.Star and director of ‘Backtrack’ on the freevee channel connected to Amazon.
So so. Seems to loose some pace when he directs himself snuggling up to Ms. Foster. But a fair caper.

Lots of old friends appear. Even Bob Dylan and dear old Vincent Price.

3 Likes

Looks like a good cast - I might give that a viewing. Hopper good or bad is always worth a watch.

Oh you should read the reviews. Many of them posted by loons in the rural backwaters of USA.

Often more entertaining than the film.

IMDb wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.

2 Likes

I watched the trailer, I thought it looked rather grainy and unconvincing.
That guy climbing the mast that @Jamiewednesday posted gave me the willys though! :grin:

1 Like

Enjoyed this last night…well “enjoyed” probably wrong choice of word, powerful, hard hitting and thought provoking

That figures as Freevee was formerly and briefly the IMBD channel