What DVD, Blu-ray or streamed film have you just watched?

Hi @TheKevster ,

Never even heard of this film. Have to say that Kill Bill left me completely cold, as does much of Tarantino.

I will get hold of this.

Thx,

M

1 Like

The Mckenzie Break

1 Like

Jerk

So funny, just started series 3

That almost made me buy a tv license.

1 Like

I missed this appearance of Billy Bob. Always stylish,never the same.

Rotten Tomatoes begrudges it one star so you know you are going to love it.

Three overly sweaty brothers help a mother retrieve her son from Billy Bob.

Violent,bloody,redneck rubbish.

Highly recommend.

On Prime.

1 Like

I always buy a licence and support the Beeb :+1:

1 Like

We are not allowed to stray into politics.

I’m not being political

Not forgetting Jennie Lee’s role in getting the OU into existence!

1 Like

The BBC presents a political attitude in its news and current affairs programs that I am not willing to subsidise. I might loose some decent drama because of this view. Hey ho.

But this is not the place to further such a discussion.

1 Like

Buying a tv licence is not a political act.
I think maybe your on a different wavelength to me here. Its a funny position to adopt by citing a political attitude thus making a political point then aserting this is not the place to discuss it.

Anyway as I said I wasnt intending to be political, it was you that mentioned politics.
I just value public services and the Beeb as a public service broadcaster similarly CH4.
Thats all
No worries

4 Likes

Having watched the series Luther on TV which I really enjoyed. Last night I watched Luther the movie on Netflix but have to say I was rather disappointed.
Over dramatised and Americanised for my liking. Entertaining enough for a Friday night. I’d rate it 6/10

1 Like

@nhs

I watched it and thought your 6 out of 10 was generous. I thought they filmed a lot of it in a dark cave and overall poor story line.

I enjoyed his TV series a while back but the movie for me was pretty much a waste of time.

3 Likes

Busy boy.

Luther takes on Gilou from the Series Spirals.
Based in Paris.
Nothing particularly original but I am easily seduced.
On Prime.

1 Like

I watched “The Whale” this evening with my wife. Not a movie that I found enjoyable and can not understand how Brendan Fraser won best actor. Bizarre film and only award should have gone to the make up department for the prosthetics developed for Brendon Fraser.

JMHO - YMMV

1 Like

I saw the trailer and a couple of clips and laughed at the dross acting and drivel script. I’ll give that a miss, even if it’s free on tv one day.

1 Like

15.99 to stream on Prime, I think not!

1 Like
1 Like

Annihilation. 2018.

Proper bonkers Alex Garland written sci-fi horror.

1 Like

I understand the first Sally Bowles on the London stage was Dame Judy Dench

1 Like