What DVD, Blu-ray or streamed film have you just watched?

This_Much_I_Know_to_Be_True_(Andrew_Dominik)

Kind of a mix of a concert and documentary.

2 Likes

6 Likes

A young Cillian Murphy and Chris Evans star in this 2007 sci-fi flick from Danny Boyle.

Excellent cinematography and even the effects still hold up.

Streamed from Disney+.

5 Likes

Original French version of Army of Shadows;

4 Likes

Entertaining slow paced dark comedy recently released on Netflix… Not many laugh out loud moments but a few chuckles nevertheless.

4 Likes

Cheating a bit as I havent watched yet but its on my must watch very shortly list, hopefully its going to be good.

The blurb from Prime;

Zero Gravity is a cinematic ode to jazz legend, Wayne Shorter, from executive producer, Brad Pitt and directed by Dorsay Alavi. Depicted in 3 portals, the viewer is transported into prolific periods of Shorter’s life and how through adversity, he grew to greatness, shattered the limitations of jazz, and became one of the most influential musicians and composers in American music.

1 Like

Watched this in my cabin of all places whilst on a cruise through Norway. After a bit of over indulgence and late night retired to crash out and selected this.
The “true” and “unexaggerated” story of Al Yankovic. I thought it hilarious in its anarchic absurdity but fell asleep before it finished, I need to find it again.

Cracking Indie film - not sure how we missed it first time round - Oscar Isaac is superb. Be prepared for some (thankfully brief) grim but necessary Abu Ghraib scenes.

images

2 Likes

A night in a lively New York restaurant.
Against the cooking buzz are scheming brothers,the bookmaker owner who is trying to save the eatery from a hostile take over. An invited detective and that guy who just sits the bar.
An engrossing, complicated story with apart from Danny Aiello many known faces as customers.
On Prime and an enjoyable hour and a half.
Independent production. Director Bob Geraldi.

A luminous sensuous beautiful Moroccan film. The plot slooooowly emerges with a fine ending. Gorgeous cinematography. So diametrically different from superhero or shoot-em-up movies. On Curzon Home.

2 Likes

Really enjoyed this one.
Although about 2 1/2 hours long it was never a dull moment, I never felt any point that it dragged on, pardon the pun but it went quite fast.
Entertaining and often very funny, especially Christian Bale’s Ken Miles.

fddf64f2d693424fedd373fe3fbe455b5d393b2a4a35e4c2cb8c002ea0938c16.UY500_UX667_RI_TTW

16 Likes

Recently finished watching this amusingly funny retelling of Sweeney Todd transferred to contemporary Washington, with the dastardly deeds carried out by a masseuse in the basement of a run down hispanic Empanada Pattie shop serving up the taste sensation.

1 Like

This is quite good, on Amazon Prime

2 Likes

Will take a look, thanks
:+1:

I’ve just finished In the Heat of the Night. An all time classic.

4 Likes

Nice movie, its DTS track sounds pretty good and it’s very engaging too.

1 Like

RIP Michael Gambon

6 Likes

Enjoying the first series of this grisly drama on Prime/Freevee channel.

A serial killer cult inspired to carry out dastardly murders inspired by their leader and the writing of Edgar Allan Poe. Its darkly engaging and has a touch of Silence Of The Lambs about it. Its also very violent, gory and not for the faint hearted.

4 Likes

I’ve just finished watching this for the first time in my life. Perfect Saturday morning movie when kids are at sports.

Great great movie.

1 Like