What DVD, Blu-ray or streamed film have you just watched?

Haven’t heard that in years, I remember the tune - good show (at my age)

1 Like

Rollerball - remember it well. Similarly to @Dreadatthecontrols I saw it as a teenager and for a long time it was my favourite film. Looking back, I think I was attracted to the violence of the ball rather than the players. Still have a soft spot for the film now.

1 Like

3 Likes

Nicolas Sarkozy’s road to the presidency of France.

1 Like

IMG_1947

Terrance recently released from prison flies to California to sort out his daughter’s death
He determines Peter Fonda to be heavily involved and requires retribution.

Tight direction by Soderbergh and a decent story line. Casually violent.Of course we can’t resist teaching and explaining some Cockney patois to the locals.
Freevee,watchable print.

6 Likes

IMG_1948

A savage attack by a local militia on a police funeral causes our clan to retreat to their warehouse hide away. Munitions have been stolen from a room to which only the members have access. So who was it?

An independent and very claustrophobic production that introduces us to a group of men thrown together by their mistrust of governmental agencies.

Different,informative,dark,Prime.

1 Like

Zulu. No not that one…
IMG_1949

A troubled Forest and casual but clever Orlando are a paired South African police team.
A special molecule has been added to the local weed causing those smoking it to become rather antisocial. All done in the name of experiment for profit.
Needless to say the problems are eventually sorted.
Colourful direction and photography in an unusual location.
Freevee.

Picture in 4K blu ray is stunning. Real joy to see these classics crisp and vibrant on your big screen at home for the first time in 60 years.

Loved this film. Simple plain class. For me, a little bit sad seeing old movies like this when all the stars are gone and particularly sad watching Marilyn. She really was a very special lady.

9 Likes

“Tell him I’m coming!”

Just binged the 3 series and now it’s time for the movie;

3 Likes

A good follow up for that movie !

Too many great things to briefly mention here.

3 Likes

Finally got round to seeing Finch… Tom Hanks plays Tom Hanks and Jeff steals the show. Nice reference to Silent Running thrown in though.

1 Like

IMG_1958

One would have thought with such a cast it couldn’t possibly go wrong.
But like the story line, America will defeat the Taliban,we now know it will.

Redford directs what seems to be an instruction manual for the Norman Rockwell version of the dream. Meryl has doubts, Tom is George Bush jr.

Prime but Freevee has the advantage of Ant and Decs new advert for Santander bank.:nauseated_face:

A product of it’s time I suppose, but still some very funny scenes. Good to to see San Francisco in the 1970’s too.

7 Likes

This could have been equally appropriate in the Music Room - Anton Corbijn’s Squaring The Circle (The Story of Hipgnosis) on Blu-ray. I was riveted throughout, and with a fabulous soundtrack, of course!

9 Likes

11 Likes

Good film of a good book.

Always up for a re-watch of this movie.

2 Likes

Class.

Wallace & Gromit: The Wrong Trousers turns 30! review — the story behind the greatest double act in Plasticine

4 Likes

So much better than you would perhaps imagine.

6 Likes