What DVD, Blu-ray or streamed film have you just watched?

But for giggles, imagine every scene in Fight Club reshot with the same actors as they are now in 2024. :smiley:

Then go and watch Bad Ass.

2 Likes

The Blood on Satans Claw. 1971.

IMG_3736

IMG_3737

Folk horror where the whole villagers are off their heads from magic mushrooms and other satanic influences/beverages.

1 Like

Your average real ale festival then?

7 Likes

I like films that are somewhat abstract and contemplative. But, Andrei Tarkovsky’s “Nostalghia” just goes too far.
It is extremely slow paced, and there is not much story packed into its 125 minute runtime. I liked Tarkovsky’s “Solaris”, but did not like “Nostalghia” at all. You could not pay me to rewatch it.
Nostalghia

1 Like

Having seen Dario Argento’s wonderful film “Suspiria”, which I really like, I was looking forward to seeing his first film “The bird with the crystal plumage”.
It is not in the same league as “Suspiria”, but is nonetheless a good movie and well made.
Bird crystal plumage

1 Like

Sam Peckinpah tries his hand at comedy. A lighthearted tale with some fine acting.
Cable is abandoned in the desert without water but mystery be he discovers some and turns it into a business proposition.
Bogart was offered the Hogue but turned it down.
David Warner is a wonderfully lecherous priest. The stage coach driver,Slim Pickins… how many stage coaches did he drive during his career?
From a hmv bluray haul but on Prime for a fee.

3 Likes

Count ‘em…

Needed some light entertainment yesterday and I hadn’t seen Groundhog Day for years, just as funny as I remembered it.

10 Likes

Needed some light entertainment yesterday and I hadn’t seen Groundhog Day for years, just as funny as I remembered it.

14 Likes

Mmmm ?

Come on Pete, you’ve seen the movie…

4 Likes

Fck it’s early here. Very funny. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

IMG_2387

A delightful little Irish Comedy. The national lottery is won by somebody in village but who has the ticket?

Sorta Irish ‘Whiskey Galore’

Prime Freevee

2 Likes

We watched this last night, and both Mrs HH and I were totally engrossed. It’s a very fine film, and Mia McKenna-Bruce, who plays the lead, Tara, should have a very bright future ahead.

Can’t say I enjoyed Solaris, I endured it.

Moonrise Kingdom

Possibly my favourite Wes Anderson flick.

2 Likes

Not all that, tries way to hard. And changes history. The factual story is a lot more interesting than this nonse and I think would make a better movie, however that clearly wouldn’t chime with being on message in the current twenties…

1 Like

Just watching John Carpenter’s ‘The Thing’ at the moment - utterly gross and one of the finest horror movies ever made

8 Likes

Or utter valueless rubbish? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Ahhh part of the John Carpenter holy quartet: The Thing, Escape From New York, In The Mouth of Madness, and Vampires.

JC made a lot of flicks. Many terrible. A select few, pure gold.

5 Likes