What DVD, Blu-ray or streamed film have you just watched?

Superb noir chiller.

IMG_3781

1 Like

Trivia: Francoise Pascal was a star in the abysmal 1970s ITV sitcom Mind Your Language

4 Likes

Ah so. :wink: :+1:t2:

1 Like

Even in my young youth, I knew she was the only reason to watch it.

Edit: Just checked, she’s still with us!

2 Likes

Excellent film about the anti-Nazi resistance group called The White Rose

2 Likes

Yep, there always was a couple things about about Miss Pascal i always did admire :grinning:

1 Like

I watched “The tales of Hoffmann” for the first time yesterday. WOW! It is stunning and impressive. It is a true work of grand art.
TOH

2 Likes

Went to buy the BluRay from the BFC website, sold out. I will buy it in due course.

1 Like

3 Likes

Visually stunning. Been in my collection for ages but haven’t been in the right frame of mind to watch it again till recently. It’s trash but it’s really heavy going trash.

We have our 11yo great niece staying and we’re going to see Despicable Me 4, so reminded ourselves of the last one…

3 Likes

There was a time when very occasionally, Hollywood and big stars would roll the dice and make art house movies.

2 Likes

A great film version of my favourite Philip K D*ck novel. When you look back over his career, Richard Linklater really is an extraordinary director

PS - FFS. Not allowed to post the author’s actual surname

My Dinner with Andre. 1981.

A light hearted buddy comedy.
One of the most boring movies ever…or a fascinating torrent of dread ?

4 Likes

A bit too on the nose that clip.

Enjoyable monster romp, although it is never clear why Godzilla was is angry! Interesting post-war Japan cultural setting as well and harks back to the original 1954 movie. 8/10

3 Likes

No conspiracy but we are sleepwalking into this scenario. We complain and moan but as long as we are fed and watered, (plus a bit of hifi) then we accept much that we don’t agree with and keep quiet when we should be marching on the streets against injustices committed against us. Comfort seems to outweigh inconvenience for many of us.

3 Likes

One of the recent Japanese Godzilla movies, he actually trashed my neighbourhood at the time and knocked over my apartment tower block.

They erected a big statue (temporary) in the mall to celebrate the cinematic destruction of Musashikosugi.

I showed the kids the movie while we were stilling living in that tower block. They were 5 and 3 at the time so terrified and freaked out.

3 Likes

Alien: Covenant

images(8)

Alien movies are like pizza. Even when they’re bad they’re still pretty good.

4 Likes

IMG_2416

Amazon Prime has a handsome print.

Troisi looking for a job sees an opportunity as a postman employed only to deliver mail to the exiled Chilean poet Pablo Neruda,Noiret.
Our postie then learns about metaphors and falls in love.
The island setting is gorgeous( estate agent vocabulary),the pace slow and romantic but with a political backbone.
Troisi delayed heart surgery to appear and died shortly after filming ended.

6 Likes