What DVD, Blu-ray or streamed film have you just watched?

It’s like some evil, yet beautiful, nightmare you can’t wake up from.

1 Like

The Pawnbroker

A magnificent performance by Rod Steiger.

5 Likes

“KINDS OF KINDNESS is a triptych fable, following a man without choice who tries to take control of his own life; a policeman who is alarmed that his wife who was missing-at-sea has returned and seems a different person; and a woman determined to find a specific someone with a special ability, who is destined to become a prodigious spiritual leader.“

Preferred ‘The Lobster’

Not pulled this off the shelf in at least 15 years.

Everyone was so much younger and thinner. When this was made … But then again so was I

3 Likes

“In this 19th century, supernatural winter epic, a drunken applejack salesman must go from zero to hero and become North America’s greatest fur trapper by defeating hundreds of beavers.”

Quirky black and white slapstick comedy.

1 Like

A wonderfully daft 1990 monster flick in which Kevin Bacon, Fred Ward and others in a desert hamlet battle giant man-eating worms. It’s directed with great panache and skill by Ron “City Slickers and Mighty Joe Young” Underwood. The cast (playing it straight but with a twinkle in the eye) are brilliant, especially Michael Gross and Reba MacIntyre as loopy survivalists Burt and Heather Gummer. Good job for Kev and co that they’re tooled up with heavy grade ordnance in anticipation of the apocalypse!

6 Likes

I know everyone is raving (quite rightly) about his turn as Jackson Lamb in Slow Horses but I think Gary Oldman is brilliant as George Smiley in this film. This is one of the all time great spy films with a dense, chewy plot that you have to really concentrate on. Great supporting actors and never has 1970’s Britain looked so realistically cheap and horrible. Bizarrely, the Le Carre estate don’t want Gary Oldman to play Smiley in the next film

9 Likes

And a great soundtrack by Alberto Iglesias the production of the recording is outstanding and one of the rare soundtracks that stand alone as a superb album.

1 Like

Was rather enjoyable, rented this in iTunes.

Something a bit different than the usual thriller / crime paint by numbers movie.

Apocalypse Now

4 Likes