What DVD, Blu-ray or streamed film have you just watched?

“Oh dear, I seem to have got a little plastered!”

Terrific.

2 Likes
2 Likes

The Insult.

Sep 14, 2017 · In today’s Beirut, an insult blown out of proportions finds Toni , a Lebanese Christian , and Yasser , a Palestinian refugee, in court. From secret wounds to traumatic revelations, the media circus surrounding the case puts Lebanon through a social explosion, forcing Toni and Yasser to reconsider their lives and prejudices.

After dinner watched the 2010 release Black Swan with Natalie Portman, Vincent Cassel, Mila Kunis, Barbara Hershey and Winona Ryder. Enjoyed it much more on the big screen when it was released but was still good entertainment on the 55" TV. Enjoyed the film and do believe Natalie deserved the Oscar for best actress for the film.

2 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

Watched this recently , it was abslutely superb … 10/10 much better than i thought

5 Likes

Yes, one of my favourite musicals.

The Philiodelphia Story, on which it is based, is equally good with Katherine Hepburn reprising her stage role.

Both superb entertainment.

1 Like

3 Likes

Other than its most obvious merit…

Has some great set pieces, city maquette modelling and a general polish to the look that sets it apart from others at the time.

8 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

Excellent film transfer giving loads of highlight/shadow detail and the sound was good too. Makes a classic even better.

3 Likes

Great 4k transfer and great acting.

7 Likes

Never has a TV series made the city of Paris look so grim. Is Engrenages the best cop show ever made? Maybe - certainly Series 7 keeps up the usual standard of writing, acting and characterisation. Laure, Gilou, Roban, Karlsson, Nico; plus the welcome return of Tintin and a host of new characters means that the programme remains grippingly watchable.

It’s a real hoot, and BBT is fabulous.

7 Likes

3 Likes

I always watch this over the Xmas holiday. My favourite Christmas Movie. “Ho-Ho-Ho”

6 Likes

A free interpretation of history on Netflix, but I enjoyed it…

1 Like

Looks fabulous, a must try i think