What have you sold that you wish you hadn’t?

Used to put paving slabs in Mrs Q’s Dolomite 1500TC years ago when we were at college and she was still applying for the job of Mrs Q :joy:
That BL@@DY car was forever trying to kill us, but a lot of fun in the summer when it was dry and safe(ish)…

1 Like

Always regretting letting the E type go. It was a very special car, always having it’s picture taken.

17 Likes

That’s it I’m calling for help, how could you part with an E type.

4 Likes

:cry: NAC 52

14 Likes

YES!..as @Pete_the_painter said; How could you part with an E-Type?!? :flushed:

My soul to the devil :imp:

2 Likes

A bit harsh on Chord music cables😉

1 Like

I think this thread may have peaked.

1 Like

I had a Mk1 Golf GTi as my first car, albeit 5 years old when i bought it.
Wish i had it now. MOT tracker still shows it either on road or SORN.
Black, sunroof, alloys, twin grill, one of the first 1.8l( not the 1.6),in the UK.

2 Likes

I had one too for a couple of years. Certainly a bike to treat with respect.

1 Like

I put a set of microns on it and re jetted to suit it was then really all or nothing, the power band came in higher but it like a switch, just un rideable so standard cans soon went back on after decoke.

1 Like

Snap - I had a MK1 Golf GTi Campaign in red which I let go - dearly wish I’d kept it. And the MK2 GTi that followed come to think of it!

3 Likes

Mk2 for me was a far better car. But it’s the Mk1 I wish i could own now.

Some 35 years ago I sold my Michell focus 1 TT with Michell unipivot arm in order to be able to buy a Michell Gyrodec not long after it was first launched. Whilst I do not regret buying the Gyrodec ( I still have it, with a few upgrades) but I wish I still had my focus 1.

Mrs B is grieving the recent loss of her cherished short wheelbase Nissan Patrol.

Had it 20 years and it was mechanically sound but the chassis was what I think is technically termed knackered.

Fastest house brick on the planet.

I regret selling practically everything I have ever sold.
High (or low) points:
Conoisseur BD1 with SME 3009 and Shure M75ED type II and spare headshell with M75EJ type II (for 45s and dodgy LPs) sold for £25.
All my LPs (mostly early 70s prog) for £500.
Swapped a complete rack of RCA cinema amplifiers (4x 6V6GT valves per channel) for a pair of Mission Argonauts (later sold for £250).
A complete Todd AO system by Philips for a couple of quid.
A Leak Stereo 20 with Varislope Stereo for £13.
Audiolab 8000A and 8000P for £150.
Sansui AU101 for £12.
I could go on but I’m already in tears.

I didn’t buy the E-Type. Yet another regret (perhaps this is a new thread - what do you regret not buying?)

2 Likes

A TVR Chimp – although this is looked at through rose tinted glasses, as it had a list of issues which were not untypical of the model/marque:

1- it leaked
2- the speedo was awry (even the 2nd one), which meant the odometer over-read.
3- the passenger door never shut properly
4-having bought it 2nd-hand from a TVR main dealer, it became clear they didn’t set it up, the camber settings being wrong, and the engine wasn’t tuned as it should have been.
5- it crashed over potholes and alike on suburban roads.
6- the faired in headlights misted-up the garage said there was no way to fix that.

Apart from those few minor issues anything else wrong with it. :grin:

1 Like

All marked down to ‘the pleasure of ownership’ :grin: Insanely quick and a lazy V8 4.5L soundtrack as driving music. It even came back from an expensive main service with a cooling leak, as they hadn’t cable clipped a rad pipe away from one of the belts. Designed it wasn’t!

All this said, people were happy to let you pull out and hear the roar of the engine.

1 Like

Add a Rolex Daytona to my list of regrets…

1 Like