What is your earliest Naim kit?

Sadly, It was close to needing a service last time I used it! It must be 12+ since the last service and has spent those non-use years in the attic. It’s a dry attic, but temperature variations get pretty extreme up there.

1 Like

My 135s are 1984 models, but resleeved to olive before I bought them second hand in around 1989/90.

Makes sense - thanks for clarifying.

My SN3.

I’m currently using a Nait 1 in my listening room. Ser. # 29774.

14 Likes

Naim NDX I bought in 2016. It’s part of a second system now.

1 Like

If we’re being pedantic then it was two runs of A4 to run between a Linn amp and Bose 901s around 1993.

Box-wise, a Uniti Qute 2 exatly 20 hears later in 2013.

As a desk system for someone who works from home, that UQ2 has got more use hours than any system I’ve had by miles.

2 Likes

Olive green NAT03 is my earliest Naim component. My first Naim component I bought was a CDX2 when it had not long been launched … I partnered it with my then Cyrus Pre and Cyrus mono blocks feeding my ATCs… I thought it sounded superb.

1 Like

Beautiful pics of a wonderfully kept Nait.

My IBLs, s/n 65***, 1990.

12 Likes

Naim Nait with red LED and castellated volume knob, which I have owned from new in 1986. It was last serviced a couple of years back and is still in daily use with a ND5XS2, powering a pair of Rogers LS7, also owned from the same time.

4 Likes

I actually started a thread on this theme a few years ago:

NDS, from 2015.
The only Naim boxes I have today are Nds/555 dr. And a Fraimlite.
My first Naim combo.: 112/150/ and flatcap. 2002.

My iBLs / 1990 / serial number 62***

8 Likes

I wonder if you regret that in hindsight. I can imagine as a collector you’d want it as original as possible?

I hadn’t thought about my NACA5 cables, they must be well into their 20s now.

2 Likes

Not really, it started out as one of the very first NAC12s with the sheet alloy casework (a little later Naim moved to using extrusions for the side panels) and all circuitry on a single board. Most all of these few first NAC12s were updated to the daughter board configuration as it was found to be much better. The only other changes were to replace the knife edge connectors for the phono boards to pins so superior 3 series phono boards could be used, the addition of RCAs to replace the GRAM input DIN, and the volume pot was upgraded to an ALPS Blue Velvet - all are/were period Naim updates/upgrades and kept the NAC12 very much more useable and relevant.

8 Likes

I have a pair of 7m A4 runs, which cost £1 per metre…

Actually… they are my oldest piece of Naim kit - !! From 1982. Bought before I got my 42/110.

2 Likes

My 135’s were manufactured in 1992.
FSH via Naim/Class A and still making sweet sweet music 32 years on.

1 Like

I thoroughly cleaned mine after seeing your pic a few days ago… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Was just checking to see what year my 160 was from,
According to naim focal it was made 2years before naim was founded, :rofl:

My 42.5 is 1979 06xx