What kit are you gifting yourself for Christmas?

Not just speakers, all manner of hi-fi and gadgets.

2 Likes

Where do people keep them? A decent pair of speakers is bulky and heavy.

The IBLs have arrived along with the Philips CD104. I must have an IXO somewhere …

3 Likes

My Xmas pressie to me is the Lego “RMS Titanic” set. 9000+ bricks, one of their biggest ever.

(But I am hoping that Santa will bring me a bottle of Talisker, some coffee beans, and the remastered Red & Blue CDs from the Fab Four.)

3 Likes

I had the medium sized Millennium Falcon (given to my son now), but I always wanted the supersized one alongside the 1 meter long Empire Command Ship.
Nowadays I’d be happy with the little Jazz Club and the other buildings in that set😊

3 Likes

Being a long-time fan of Star Wars, I have sometimes mused to my DB, about Lego’s other big kits, Falcon, AT-AT, Imperial Star Destroyer and Super Star Destroyer, only to be told, somewhat disparagingly, “And just where are you going to put them?”

However she has an affinity for anything engineering based (she used to be a Chartered Mech. Eng.) so I have been allowed to acquire the Lego “most beautiful plane ever”, and the very large boat! I even have hopes next year for a very large tower thingy (currently Lego’s largest kit at 11000 bricks).

2 Likes

Which tower? Eiffel? That’s only 10001.

Yes, you are correct, I misread the Lego webpage. It’s the World Map at 11k, Eiffel at 10k & Titanic at 9k (or thereabouts).

Well we want that too. That’s 4 kids, one grown up kid (kinda, but it’s me) but not my wife :slight_smile:

1 Like

Purchased this pre-loved v145 mono amp for my AV system centre channel. Taking over duties from one channel of my Arcam processor.

Kindly delivered by a very affable seller. In a temporary position due to a looming house move.
Had to try it with a BD of Rush’s Clockwork Angels show. This is a very good recording and it sounds superb.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.