What releases are you looking forward to

Out on 10th November, NO’s “Substance” expanded to four CDs – the original album, along with extra B-sides and a 1987 concert recording!

Also on 2-LP and cassette.

7 Likes

Bloody hell…another one! Whats the SP on this re issue?

Hi @TheKevster

Just wondering given youre Craft connection if you know anything about them doing a Joe Henderson Milestone label box set? Or a series of single album re issues

The only one I know of Dread is the Elements LP with Alice Coltrane which is awaiting a repress. I can drop them a line. I wouldn’t hold your breath though, there are more than 40 LPs waiting to be released, including the next batches of OJCs and Contemporarys, not to mention stuff on the Jazz Dispensary and Craft Latino labels.

1 Like

The Joe Henderson Complete Milestone CD box set is fantastic - in very good sound too, although long OOP. It also includes the sideman sessions with Luis Gasca and Flora Purim (at least the tracks that Joe plays on).
Recommended.

2 Likes

Ah yes, I think you posted it recently, or was it Lee Morgan?

I read some speculation on a Hoffman thread where something along the lines of a Milestone set was posted on Crafts Instagram, but as I don’t do social media I cant see it.
Thanks anyway
:+1:

I follow Craft on Insta but have seen no mention of this box set. Usual Hoffblather maybe?

Also, the 1994 Joe Henderson Milestone Years set is eight CDs; its vinyl equivalent would be a dozen or more LPs…

1 Like

It was the Morgan. I need to dig out the Joe Henderson set though.

1 Like

Yes, at least 12. Some of those CDs are well over an hour.

1 Like

:joy: Yeah probably although there was a screenshot but I cant recall the page or thread

The latest in the Brubeck estate’s series of posthumous releases - out in November. Only on CD, as far as I know.

5 Likes

Anyone seen this Miles Davis live 1957 Paris Olympia recording from Fresh Sound Records out of Barcelona on sale in Blighty. Looks interesting.

1 Like

Read that review myself but couldn’t find it on Tidal.

2 Likes

I’ve just found out that some off the early Corrs albums are being pressed on vinyl. I told the wife she’s threatening to divorce me if I dare to get any !!!

1 Like

Spiritual Jazz 15: A Tribute to 'Trane

3 Likes

Boris Blank Resonance / 16 February 2024

6 Likes

Paul McCartney and Wings - Band On The Run 50th Anniversary Edition.
Available in the usual vinyl and digital formats, this release features the US version of the album(includes Helen Wheels) plus a second disc of the album in an “underdubbed” form.
I am sure we all need another version of the main album like a hole in the head, but the bonus disc could be interesting. Available February next year.

5 Likes