What releases are you looking forward to

Until today I hadn’t read up on the Blue Note release schedule. My heart skipped a beat for this Classic release due in oktober.

• Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers – A Night In Tunisia (1960)

Have been hoping for a re release for so long, very happy with this.

4 Likes

The one forthcoming BNC release which is of interest is Lonnie Smith ‘Drives’. Always eluded me in the past.

Airbag | Century of the Self | June 14th
Now available to pre-order digital or physical releases on bandcamp.

3 Likes

Can Live in Aston 1977, the latest in an ongoing series of Can album releases focusing on the band’s live performances, is set for release on vinyl, CD and digitally on 31 May 2024 via Mute and Future Days.

Live in Aston 1977 is a whole new lens through which we can view a unique band with seemingly inexhaustible energy for live performance. It comes at a difficult period for Can; their recently released eighth studio album, Saw Delight, had been badly received and although posterity has been kinder, the reviews on release were savage. It might be expected that the live performances from this time would reflect some of the criticisms of the album, that they were slowing down, perhaps even feeling a little jaded, but it cements the notion that Can live, at any period, was mercurial.

Within the Can Live series, this is the first to feature bassist Rosko Gee (Traffic) who had recently joined Irmin Schmidt, Jaki Liebezeit, Michael Karoli, and Holger Czukay (who, relieved of bass duties is credited with “waveform radio and spec. sounds” on the album), and would perform with them until the band’s split in 1979.

7 Likes

Joni Mitchell- The Asylum Albums (1972-1975). A 4 Blu-ray set featuring Remastered hi-res stereo, Dolby Atmos mixes and Quadio mixes. Can only find this on rhino records u.s. site at the moment, hopefully it will become available more generally.

1 Like

Recorded in 1974 and has remained in the vaults until now. Due out 14th June.

5 Likes

An unreleased Johnny Cash album that never saw the light of day until now.

4 Likes

London Grammar release date 13th September.

8 Likes

Amos Lee due 9th Aug.

6 Likes

71cYMC43gNL.AC_SX425
26th July.

7 Likes

19th July.

2 Likes

For the Jade Warrior fans 28th June.

3cd set. Includes a bunch of outtakes and also a live set from Paris from the Warner Brothers Presents European tour which I was luckily enough to go and see feat. Little Feat at an afternoon show along with the Doobie Brothers.

8 Likes

@NigelB will be satisfied. :grin:

1 Like

As long as it is better than his last album, which was a stinker.

2 Likes

Transmissions is an album written by Amos and the single Hold On Tight sounds more like the Amos we all know. The last two tribute albums were awful but I think there is hope with the new album :blush: @NigelB

2 Likes

Thanks for the info John, that sounds encouraging.

1 Like

If the single’s anything to go by, the new Dave Gilmour album out on 6th September (Roger Waters’ birthday, conspiracy theory fans!) is definitely a release I’m NOT looking forward to.

4 Likes

Joni Mitchell - The Asylum Albums 1976-1980

Interesting to see what the Hi Res is priced at?

I suppose it was inevitable that the sleeve would be changed on Don Juan’s Reckless Daughter.

Out on 21st June

IMG_8967

5 Likes

Shame they changed the cover.

3 Likes