What releases are you looking forward to

Can’t wait to get the CD of the full album!

Jeff Lorber with Eric Walls - Elevate

1 Like

Miranda Lambert - Postcards from Texas

Due out on 13 September.

4 Likes

The next release in Light In The Attic’s Nancy Sinatra Archive series, due in late September. Can’t wait!

2 Likes

Trentemoller - Dreamweaver Sept 13. Initial 3 tracks available now a great indicator of what’s to come.

2 Likes

Oh thanks @TheKevster where’s it listed?

Sorry @TheKevster being lazy, found it in all the usual places. Question now, red, blue splatter or black? The blue splatter’s looking good :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Goat | Goat

Their eponymous new album due for release on 11th October. Available now to pre-order physical and digital copies on bandcamp.

2 Likes

I’ve gone for boring old black Ian.

1 Like

Booked tickets for Julia Fordham at the Apex, Bury St Edmunds. New album out 11th October……”Earth Mate”

1 Like

Quite looking forward to this - new Gillian Welch album due later this month - pre-ordered the vinyl and everything. First album of new songs since 2011.

5 Likes

Flotsam And Jetsam : I Am The Weapon

(Pic courtesy of Amazon)

I’ve had this one on pre-order for ages and still 6 weeks to go. I am just hoping it is as good as Blood In The Water

2 Likes

Neil Young-Archives vol. 111 coming on 6th September, 1 7 cds.At £270+ I think I’ll just be streaming this set.

3 Likes

Expanded reissue on Craft Recordings - this edition will include the original album along with three B-sides and an unreleased alternate mix of the lead single, ‘Sandpaper Kisses.’

3 Likes

The blurb:

First time on vinyl for David Sylvian’s 29-track career-spanning compilation from 2000.

Features key songs from Japan and Rain Tree Crow, as well as David’s Virgin Records solo years. Also includes key collaborations with Ryuichi Sakamoto, Robert Fripp and Alesini & Andreoni.

Alongside the remixes of “Ghosts” and “Bamboo Houses”, the album features tracks such as the beautiful ‘Ride’ from the ‘Secrets of the Beehive’ sessions, two dobro pieces written with Bill Frizell and “Cover Me with Flowers” from the ‘Dead Bees On A Cake’ sessions, plus the classic “Some Kind of Fool’ taken from Japan’s sessions for ‘Gentleman Take Polaroids’.

Tracklist:

LP1 - Side A

The Scent of Magnolia (5:36) – David Sylvian
Heartbeat (Tainai Kaiki II) - Remix ( 5:17) – Ryuichi Sakamoto & David Sylvian
Blackwater (4:22) – Rain Tree Crow
Albuquerque (Dobro #6) (1:22) – David Sylvian
Ride (8:00) – David Sylvian

LP1 - Side B

The Golden Way – Remix (5:54) – David Sylvian, Alesini & Andreoni
Ghosts – Remix (3:47) – David Sylvian & Japan
Pop Song (4:30) – David Sylvian
Every Colour You Are (4:44) Rain Tree Crow
Godman (3:58) – David Sylvian

LP2 - Side C

God’s Monkey (4:09) – David Sylvian & Robert Fripp
Let The Happiness In (5:37) – David Sylvian
I Surrender (9:24) – David Sylvian
Thoroughly Lost To Logic (1:17) – David Sylvian

LP2 - Side D

Jean The Birdman (4:12) – David Sylvian & Robert Fripp
Cover Me With Flowers (6:33) David Sylvian
The Boy With The Gun (5:15) – David Sylvian
Riverman (4:56) – David Sylvian
Aparna & Nimisha (Dobro #5) (0:56) – David Sylvian
9 Likes

Joni Mitchell Archives vol iv is being released on October 4th. Can’t wait.

3 Likes

Quite a bit of live stuff on this one and I was hoping for the wonderful version of Coyote performed at Gordon Lightfoot’s house as we saw on the rolling Thunder Review film with Dylan and McGuinn playing guitars.

IMG_9290

9 Likes

First in a set of archival releases from Greg Allmans label due out 20th September.

7 Likes

This.

LA Woman
UHQR

Sign me up!

4 Likes

An album of cover versions.

1 Like

Hi Stevie,
The double 45rpm analogue productions version of LA Woman is fantastic but I guess you already know that.

2 Likes