What releases are you looking forward to

I was hoping that might be the case.

1 Like

You need eyes in the back of your head to keep up with releases.

1 Like

Yes agre - ever since I ditched Mojo and Uncut magazines (collected since issues No. 1). I rely on this forum and a trawl through the various genres on Bandcamp.

I still subscribe to Mojo and have every copy but I’m sure there’s far more music being released now than there ever was so even the magazines can’t keep up. I used to take Wire as well but I never felt intelligent enough to cope with it.

2 Likes

Available everywhere else though, listening to the single it sounds nothing like her previous record much more R&B/Soul.

If the rest of the LP sounds the same I won’t be buying it.

The last track, „when the game is playing on you „ is not bad. You have the entire album on Bandcamp.

Black Acid Soul was an exceptional debut and one of those rare records that I always play in it’s entirety from front to back this new record isn’t terrible but for me it doesn’t compare at all, perhaps the whole LP will have some better tracks.

1 Like

10 Likes

Brilliant cover pic for Is This Jazz!

Can’t wait!

Should sell reprints of the Southgate painting. I’m in…

1 Like

Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for!

A 27 disc set. Very limited and coming in at just under £100

8 Likes

Thanks Andy, pre-ordered.

2 Likes

Bubblegum 20th anniversary edition 23rd August. Love the original, Lanegan sadly missed.

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @Withnail great album.

Pulled from Amazon UK at the moment but you can get it from Amazon Germany for same price.

Coldplay

Vinyl

Nusrat Ali Fateh Khan

50th Anniversary Super Deluxe.

There are also a Jackson Browne For Everyman remaster, 2 Joe Henry sets with bonus traxs, Johnny Cash, Herb Alpert, Midland, another Van Morrison set of duets, MC5, Nelly Furtado, Manu Chao, Bootsy Collins, Dolly Parton, Jimi Hendrix, The Damned, Shelby Lynne, Ruthie Foster, Steve Forbert, Jeffrey Foucault and a Steve Marriott rarities set amongst many others but at the moment with the release schedule as is it looks like the Record companies are relying on Coldplay to boost their Xmas sales.
These are just titles advised for issue up till end of November at the moment.

4 Likes

I forgot this.

3 Likes

Damn, thanks.

From Bandcamp….

Which NFAK album is that?

It is entitled Chain of Light and is apparently a “lost” album recorded on the 29th April 1990 by David
Bottrill in the Wood Room at Real World Studios, track listing and track timings below and link to pre order.

1. Ya Allah Ya Rehman 10.47
  2. Aaj Sik Mitran Di 9.59
  3. Ya Gaus Ya Meeran 9.32
  4. Khabram Raseed Imshab 11.29

I don’t seem to be able to post the pre order link for some reason so pop over to Bandcamp and drop in his name it should come up. Amazon are only showing preorder on MP3 whereas Bandcamp are showing vinyl, digital download and cd.

1 Like