What releases are you looking forward to

Me too.

1 Like

4 Likes

After the shipment it will be a ripping Hard Luck Stories thread - boy these discs are really grinding my ripper.

The set arrived this morning. Sunnyvista took over an hour to rip, pretty much all that time being the last 4 tracks ripping at about 0.3x speed. Imagine my surprise when those tracks are unplayable, not often you hear audible skips in ripped music. I’ve given the disc a good polish and am trying the tracks again. The re-rip isn’t looking good, track 15 is ripping at 0.5x and slowing down Also had a huge delay in ripping the last track on Pour Down Like Silver, that is also skipping. I’ll try that again as well. It’s a shame because it’s a fantastic set, I’m listening to the live album as I type, they’re great musicians. The book is quite lightweight but interesting, could have done with some editing, secret for secrete and who’s for whose in the first two pages.

My brother in law lives a mile away, his set is due today, if he has perfect copies of those two discs I’ll rip his and hang on to the set, obviously he can rip any of mine where his are faulty, but I think he also uses a CD player so may have to send his back if it is faulty, if not it’s going back, definitely poor manufacturing quality.

1 Like

Gulp!

@Eoink a very sad day indeed just taken my box set back to corner shop (Amazon pick up point) and got a refund from Amazon.

Like you my I want to see the Bright lights… took ages to rip with the ripper grinding away and also like you last few tracks of each discs were the problems. Then on play back the rip on those tracks slipped and glitched.

This morning re-ripped and also used another drive but no joy. The Fleetwood Mac boxset ripped perfectly and played a dream.

What I did hear was amazing so I may go for the 7digital 16bit download. All that waiting and end result a huge disappointment.

2 Likes

Wondering whether to just cancel mine

1 Like

@Eoink and myself are not the only ones to have experienced this problem there are a whole raft of people over on the Hoffman site that have experienced the same problem. If you are buying the set just to play the CDs then you might just get away with no issues but my discs were scratched.

If like me you have dispensed with the CD player but still buy CDs to rip to a NAS then I think there is a high probability that you will encounter the same problems.

The remastering is amazing but buyer beware. Best of luck.

2 Likes

I had a quick listen on a Bose soundwave I have stored away (don’t ask), the final tracks were glitchy there as well. Hermes will pick it up tomorrow, the 7digital download is at 890MB and rising, should have them ready to listen to soon. Meanwhile on with ripping the Waterboys Fisherman’s Box set.

1 Like

Third in a series of 5 double vinyl releases of themes

3 Likes

Grateful Dead. American beauty. Includes 2 live cds

5 Likes

David Bowie - The Metrobolist

Visconti doing another album remix. This time The Man Who Sold The World on which he played bass and was the producer.

Mick Ronson puts in a fine performance possibly his best with Bowie.

Slight disappointment that we had the Space Oddity period pulled together in a boxset last year - Conversation Piece and it would have been nice to see a similar package for this album.

I’ll be shelling out on the Hi Res version and putting the tracks in the original order

Side 1:

The Supermen
Saviour Machine
Running Gun Blues
She Shook Me Cold
The Man Who Sold The World

Side 2:

Black Country Rock
The Width Of A Circle
All The Madmen
After All

7 Likes

they switched the stereo channels

Found out that this is intentional because all the known releases have it wrong and for this reissue they restored the orientation from the original master. Commendable in a conservationist way, but still a pain to me when listening

Katie Melua No. 8

Released October 16th.

5 Likes

I’m hoping for a new vinyl version of Dylan’s Infidels and for an MPO repressing of On Every Streets 180 gr. 2 LP (as other DS studio albums).

I’m also waiting for a very long time for a vinyl version of the first two albums of Mr. Knopfler (Golden Heart & Sailing to Philadelphia).

M.

1 Like

Hi Dan. Cover reminds me of the Holy Modal Rounders albums. Just wondered what genre of music this is as I couldn’t get any samples on Amazon.

1 Like

Pacific Range. New to me but found it on forbidden fruit so lined up for tonight :sunglasses:
Update. Just read their style is based on Allman brothers,Grateful dead,The Band and Flying Burritos.
Can’t go wrong with that

3 Likes

That is my view too which is why I’m looking forward to these releases later this month.

2 Likes

Just pre-ordered the new Eels boxset “Earth To Dora”, a Best of Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac and I’m expecting Warner Hodges new LP any day now.

1 Like

6 Likes