What releases are you looking forward to

Thanks Andy, I bought the downloads from 7-digital, so I’ll stay with them. Nice to see they’re treating customers well.

1 Like

If that’s Shore it’s already released, I’ve got it from HD Tracks.

I want to get it on cd. According to a well known Internet supplier it is available on pre-order for delivery Feb 2021. Strange…

Physical media available for “Shore” w/e/f 5 Feb 2021

“Sean Lennon to host anniversary show for his father, John, on his 80th birthday”. Not an album as such, but this Radio2 interview could be interesting. From the BBC website…

3 Likes

Based on the tracks released so far, I think this is going to be a corker of an album (out 24/10)

1 Like

Talk over on the Hoffman forum that the two on the front cover are not Richard & Linda - that really would be the icing on the cake as far as I’m concerned.

Reminds me of the Simon & Garfunkel cover which used two actor extras for Paul & Art.

3 Likes

It’s a shame, Andy did such a great job on the masters and it’s all been a bit tarnished. Great musical triumph tho’.

1 Like

London Grammar - Californian Soil

open-uri20201002-6351-fs5xsa

Released on 12th Feb and pre-ordered a signed LP for £20 from their own store

5 Likes

Good news, first two albums are excellent

3 Likes

This one was released today. Awesome

6 Likes

30th October – double vinyl and Cd release for this live album, previously streaming-only.

6 Likes

NOw already available on Bandcamp, while not sure in what quality…, will wait to see if it also emerges on the soundliason shop…

1 Like

Anyone else going for this?

All six of the band’s acclaimed albums: Diamond Life (1984), Promise (1985), Stronger Than Pride (1988), Love Deluxe (1992), Lovers Rock (2000), and Solder Of Love (2010) are packaged into the beautifully finished, white case-bound box. Revisiting the audio, the band and Miles Showell worked from high resolution digital transfers of the stereo master mixes, from the original analogue studio tapes, remastered at half-speed at Abbey Road Studios. The elaborate, half-speed mastering process has produced exceptionally clean and detailed audio whilst remaining faithful to the band’s intended sound. No additional digital limiting was used in the mastering process, so the six albums benefit from the advantage of extra clarity and pure fidelity, preserving the dynamic range of the original mixes for the very first time. The six album sleeves have been meticulously reproduced in exact detail with authentic paper and printing methods, perfectly replicated for the first time since their original release. Wow. Like, cool.

7 Likes

The Divine Comedy- Venus, Cupid, Folly & Time.
A 24 cd career spanning box set. Just watched an unboxing video on SuperDeluxeEdition. Looks amazing. A lesson for the major record companies. Why can’t all box sets be produced to this standard?

2 Likes

This will be released on CD and vinyl in about seven weeks’ time:

7 Likes

Looking forward to new music from Eels “Earth To Dora” and the re-issue of XTC’s “Drums And Wires”

2 Likes

Now available at “The River” for £30.30. Just placed my order.

Gwenifer Raymond - Strange Lights Over Garth Mountain

Due November

This is the second trailer. It begs two questions to me:

1. How the heck does she do it?
  2. What happens when she smiles?
2 Likes

Open tuning and the same finger pattern played up and down the fretboard.

Loved her first album but I just wonder if we’re going to get more of the same with no smile (soul).

Just hope she is not the case as so many of these guitarists are - a one trick pony. I’m waiting with anticipation.

1 Like