What releases are you looking forward to

I know what you mean - the seemingly inevitable triumph of technique for technique’s sake. So far i.e. the first two tracks released, she seems to be keeping the tunes flowing.

It seems a trap that lies in wait for this genre in particular - James Blackshaw, whose first several albums were magical clearly felt besieged by the threat of producing yet another John Fahey album and went into singer-songwriter territory and lost his audience, and eventually his will to record. Come back to recording James!

1 Like

Well said.

“ In the archives of Christy Moore’s history, beyond the multi-platinum albums and the big songs that have sound-tracked a society, lay many dormant gems on dusty discs in lonely libraries. It was time to go looking for them, to piece back the puzzle, to celebrate and appreciate those moments once again. Here, on this first ever comprehensive retrospective of Christy’s early works, we find a selection of songs from Christy’s run of albums and live TV appearances from 1969 to 1981. Many of these tracks have only ever been available on long-lost vinyl pressings or in the case of the RTE and BBC performances, they have, until now, remained unreleased.”
Triple vinyl ordered, I’ve now noticed the silver disc set has a DVD as well as 2 CDs, might need to add that as well.

5 Likes

Lee Ritenour - Dreamcatcher, out on 4th December.

3 Likes

Bob Marley. December 4 release date. Got a few gaps in my BM collection. This may be a cheap and easy way to remedy that.

UPDATE:18/10 price drop to£31.92 pre order the river

6 Likes

Siouxsie & The Banshees - Once Upon A Time The Singles: Exclusive Clear Vinyl 180gm Half Speed Master. Release Date 04 December 2020. UMC / Polydor.

I have the original, but an Abbey Road Studios half speed master could be interesting…

7 Likes

@YetiZone
Yes, that could be a catch.
My original is getting on a bit…

1 Like

It is simply wonderful

Mine too.

1 Like

Thanks, ordered.

1 Like

Out of interest, has anyone bought any of the 2018 Banshees vinyl reissues? what’s the SQ/mastering like?

@TheKevster

I bought Scream, Juju and Looking Glass - all sounded good, some nice layering and clarity. Replaced originals that were getting on a bit. Didn’t buy Hyaena because the cover is not embossed and my original is in great shape (as is Dreamhouse).
Looking Glass reissue pressing was pretty naff with crackle and stuff, so am staying with my original
( and the reissue cover wasn’t die-cut, which was a shame).
Didn’t replace Join Hands or Tinderbox.
Apart from the poor press of LG, I thought they were pretty good.

1 Like

Sunset In The Blue. Melody Gardot.

11 Likes

Note pre order price drop on river. £31.92

Just spotted this one. No release date yet on the river site

3 Likes

Cool, serious bargain.

1 Like

McCartney III. Could be interesting. December release apparently.

4 Likes

Nancy Sinatra’s got a new compilation coming out of her work from 65-76. 23 tracks including some of her work with Lee Hazlewood. Comes out in Feb '21 (but it says it could be delayed). Suspect I may go for the CD rather than the vinyl.

4 Likes

Next week

1 Like

Ooh, nice. “Strawberries, Cherries, and an Angel’s kiss in Spring…”

2 Likes