What releases are you looking forward to

Due out in June, the latest archive release from Eric Clapton is drawn from the Nothing But The Blues Tour from '94. As usual with these releases it will be available in various formats.

41dCf1xFh1L

4 Likes

Out June 24th, on vinyl, CD and DL. A previously unheard concert.

Full story here:

8 Likes

Nice write-up Kev, look forward to your review re the sound. Love Ella’s fun comments at the end of the song.

2 Likes

So, for @steviebee, @Eoink, @anon4489532, @Gazza @frenchrooster and other interested forumites, Ese, Pharoah, Indigo, Jackson, Sheena and Noel (and others TBC) will be staying at Real World Studios in Bath (Peter Gabriel’s place) from 10th August to begin work on the next E&TVP album.

We are all very excited!

An EP. “Tainted Love” will precede the album.

14 Likes

The 10th August is my BURSTDAY……a good omen hopefully. Great news😀

2 Likes

Great news Kev.

1 Like

Great choice for a studio - many a great album recorded there.

3 Likes

Exciting news!

1 Like

Great news! This will make my year, no doubt about it.

The Tainted Love, Kev?

Laura, who used to be buddies with ol’ Marc, will be very interested if so!

1 Like

No - that’s just the title. It’s a collection of songs about dysfunctional love. :smiley:

1 Like

I love her already, it must be dysfunctional :laughing:

2 Likes

Metric - Formentera

First album since 2018 from Toronto band Metric, due out 8 July.

Love their stuff, they make such exciting rock music.

Peter

2 Likes

Ennio Morricone

Morricone 60 Years Of Music

Edward

6 Likes

A remastered edition of Blue Nile maestro Paul Buchanan’s wistful 2012 solo debut release.

Double 180g vinyl with 20 page lyric booklet and twelve bonus tracks.

Release date 22/7/2022

2 Likes

I was pleased to see this being released on vinyl and decided to play the CD to remind me of it. Oh dear, after about five songs both my wife and I looked at one another then turned it off. The songs are to similar for us. Don’t get me wrong one or two at a time and it’s fine. I’m a huge BN fan with all their vinyl but we just couldn’t get into this. To us it needs some change in tempo now and again to keep it interesting. I’ve cancelled my preorder.

Just goes to show though, we all hear music differently and I’m sure many will find this album great.

1 Like

New single out Friday (all being well)

7 Likes

Thanks Kev! Yippee!
Download only? (Hoping for a physical release, but the economics…)

@steviebee – it will eventually be released (in very slightly altered form) on the Tainted Love CD EP… but for now it’s a standalone single in 24 bit/48kHz…

1 Like

The up and coming Peter Gabriel album. His first in 20 years.
He worked on 17 songs in 10 days.

11 Likes

BOBBIE GENTRY

‘THE GIRL FROM CHICKASAW COUNTY’ HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE CAPITOL MASTERS

2 x CD & 2 x LP
Released by UMC on 05 August 2022

Prior to the release of 2018’s The Girl From Chickasaw County Box Set, the music of Bobbie Gentry would often be lazily filed under ‘Easy Listening’ or ‘Country’ but the Box Set opened the ears and the eyes of the world to what really lay in this incredible songwriter’s recorded oeuvre. Her 7 studio albums revealed an extraordinary body of work that merged Americana, soul, country, chamber-pop, bayou funk, jazz, folk and psychedelia across recordings that possessed incredible musical ambition. And that doesn’t even touch on the quality of songwriting that lay within, where Gentry brings alive her evocative tales of life in the Deep South with all the characteristics of that region, its people and its customs illuminated to stunning effect.

The Box Set was a huge global success, earning a Grammy nomination and coveted Reissue of the Year accolades from The Times and Mojo. There were 5-star reviews, magazine covers, in-depth appraisals of Bobbie Gentry’s work and social media awash with listening parties bringing legions of new fans. Mercury Rev, Margo Price, Vashti Bunyan and Hope Sandoval amongst others got together to make a superb tribute album, re-recording Gentry’s masterpiece The Delta Sweete as The Delta Sweete Revisited. After three represses, the Box Set became a collector’s item, but continued consumer demand from an audience either discovering or revisiting Gentry’s music now leads us to the 05 August 2022 release of The Girl From Chickasaw County Highlights From The Capitol Masters.

Once again compiled and produced by Andrew Batt, Highlights From The Capitol Masters aims to be the ultimate ‘all killer, no filler’ Bobbie Gentry 2CD & 2LP compilation drawn from all of Gentry’s studio albums supplemented by the cream of the previously unreleased recordings including tracks from her ‘lost’ jazz album The Windows Of The World that was a standout vinyl release of RSD 2021, the deluxe edition of her classic album The Delta Sweete other outtakes, demos, rarities and live performances taken from her celebrated TV series for the BBC. Other pick outs include the classic original of ‘Ode To Billie Joe’, alternative versions of ‘Mississippi Delta’, ‘Touch Em’ With Love’ and the classy Glen Campbell duet ‘Let It Be Me’, ‘Mornin’ Glory’ from The Delta Sweete, her definitive ‘Hushabye Mountain’, pop soul triumph ‘Fancy’, and the melancholy ‘Lookin In’ from her final album. In addition, there are exceptional acoustic demos of originals like ‘Hurry Tuesday Child’ and ‘Seasons Come, Seasons Go’ new songs that never came out like ‘Smoke’ and ‘Joanne’ alongside essential covers of ‘Conspiracy of Homer Jones’ and ‘God Bless The Child’. For the hardcore collector, a number of the recordings have been remixed from the multi tracks especially for this release including ‘Caskette Vignette’ and ‘Recollection’.

Highlights From The Capitol Masters reprises the specially commissioned boxset cover illustration by David Downton and the artwork also includes many of the rare and unseen photos included in the 8CD boxset.

Bobbie Gentry’s career blazed brightly for a few short years, but only now is the full extent of her artistry coming into focus. The mystery of her disappearance detracts from her narrative as a self-made woman who strove for financial and creative independence. When we think of empowered female stars we think of Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Madonna, or even Dolly Parton, but before all of them there came the girl from Chickasaw County. This impeccably curated new set reminds us once again just how special an artist she was.

VINYL DISC 1 Side A

1. Ode To Billie Joe
  2. Chickasaw County Child
  3. Hurry, Tuesday Child [demo]
  4. Sunday Best [alternatetake]
  5. Mississippi Delta [alternateversion]
  6. Okolona RiverBottom Band
  7. Refractions
  8. Courtyard

Tracks 3,4 first time on vinyl

Side B

1. Mornin’ Glory