What releases are you looking forward to

As well as Bobbie, there’s also the 10-LP, 8-CD Blondie box set on August 26th, with slimmer variants available. Lots of unreleased tracks.

5 Likes

Looking forward to the Black Angels new one Wilderness of Mirrors, dropping on 16th September.

Not someone I am familiar with, but I heard a track from this album on the Cerys Matthews Blues Show and it sounded very interesting, so I think that it will be worth a try when it comes out later this month.

2 Likes

Vincent by FKJ. Out Friday.

1 Like

Great tip @Maxwell, thanks for that, just gave the couple of tracks that are available on Qobuz a spin, great sound, will look forward to the full release :+1:

Glad you liked it Chris.
I had thought that I was in a bit of a rut by not liking new bands and their music, so it is nice when you come across something like this.

1 Like

Btw, much cheaper on Blondie website than Amazon…

1 Like

Porcupine Tree - Closure/Continuation
Out Jun 24.

7 Likes

McCartney I II III Limited Edition Colour 3LP Box Set. Not sure if I’ll plunge or not, as I have the first pressing of I and II, plus the white version III. Could be a ‘nice to have’ for the completists…

5 Likes

Interesting. I do like Macca II, which I have on CD but would like a vinyl copy.

When I saw him live in Liverpool in 2015 he played ‘Temporary Secretary’ which was a surprise and a delight.

2 Likes

The UK version of Bobbie’s 1970 LP (with a different track order and two extra songs), repressed as an HMV exclusive. Out September, apparently.

1 Like

I’m pretty certain I saw this on sale in HMV yesterday - a whole new selection of centenary editions in stock.

Oh wow -will have to whizz over to a branch ASAP!

1 Like

Betty Boo - Boomerang. This could be a fun album…

More over on Super Deluxe Edition… "The pop-rap singer, who scored three UK top ten singles in the late 80s/early 90s, returns with a new album Boomerang, in October.

The kitsch alter-ego of London-born Alison Clarkson, Betty Boo first came to prominence with ‘Hey DJ / I Can’t Dance (To That Music You’re Playing)’ the 1989 collaboration with The Beatmasters. Two albums followed (Boomania and Grrr! It’s Betty Boo) along with a clutch of hit singles including ‘Doin’ The Do’, ‘Where Are You Baby’ and ‘Let Me Take You There’."

2 Likes

At last! Out on SACD (as well as vinyl, CD and blu-ray) on 16th September.

Then on 7th October there’s a deluxe LP/DVD/CD/Blu-ray edition:

11 Likes

Cheers definitely on my list.

2 Likes

Excellent - just pre-ordered the one-disc vinyl option.

1 Like

I’ve gone for the SACD and the deluxe book set…

4 Likes

There was another night, the one after.
Let’s hope the Saturday was as good as the Friday!

4 Likes

Cherry Ghost - Thirst For Romance, re release on vinyl. A superb album from Simon Aldred. I have this on CD, and it is a good sounding album (will be playing later as a reminder!), so wonder how good the vinyl version will be. Used vinyl copies are rare and consequently, expensive!

Available as a re-order over on Bandcamp.

4 Likes