What’s coming at Munich?

…and expensive.

1 Like

I understood that they will keep their dr modules only for the current production or the production to come, but no more for customers who want to dr their Naim amps.
For audio solutions, I see in my crystal ball active Focal speakers to go with Naim Atom HE.
The fashion actually is to have a minimum of boxes.

3 Likes

Yes this is what I said :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think maybe Munich will be an anti-climax for the forum members…lets wait and see…

2 Likes

Well, being a direct competitor of the Linn Klimax LP12, the Solstice is certainly an anti-klimax.

6 Likes

Focal does already have active loudspeakers, but they are more for studio usage. It would be a small step for them.

1 Like

Not if they activated their speakers with Naim amps.

4 Likes

That would be a small step for a frenchman, but a giant leap for naimkind.

8 Likes

If the Solstice became widely available vs a special edition, it may indeed become the LP12 Nemesis…

5 Likes

The Naim Nemesis sort of works, :grin: no need to mention the LP12.

1 Like

Having heard both the Solstice and a top-spec LP12, the Linn is still a bit better for me. Maybe with a better cartridge on the Solstice, it might be the other way around.

2 Likes

Particularly if Naim dont take a ND555 for the demo.

A cheaper record player?

1 Like

It’s still on its’ way to that show in America….

2 Likes

UPS left it in front of the Axpona show doors, in the street. If you are quick enough you should take it with you.

3 Likes

Hope it’ll be better than what I have heard at AXPONA! :no_mouth:

1 Like

So the Naim system at Axpona didn’t sound very good Kuma?

Hope it does not come with typical Naim prices. £10 a pint will be hard to swallow!

Nope.

2 Likes

I did not attend but I am willing to bet that if ProMusica had participated their NAIM gear would have sounded much better without force-feeding a particular brand of speakers.

3 Likes