What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve done?

Very very true

right handed…

or are you saying that there’s more than one way? :scream: :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

Well, I suspect you can be glad that they were only waving their machine guns!

2 Likes

Don’t forget rabbits and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

1 Like

Did the ice bucket challenge a few years back. :thinking:

2 Likes

Showing off cars, watches and expensive hifi equipment is “willy waving”

3 Likes

[quote=“thebadyogi, post:51, topic:13458, full:true”]
Showing off…expensive hifi equipment is “willy waving” [/quote]

On the Naim forum?? surely, Sir, you jest!

2 Likes

Hence waving my willy in the Padded Cell :wink:

1 Like

I was working in Port Douglas (far North Queensland) around 88 and fell in love with a girl that worked on the Quicksilver reef cruises. After the job was over and flew home I decided before I got off the plane that I was going to sell everything and race back to Port Douglas. I stayed with friends who tried to talk me out of it and within 3 days I’d wrapped up everything up said goodbye and drove for 2 and half days (it’s along way from Sydney to Port Douglas) arrived early morning only to find out that my “girlfriend” had moved on and I’ve never seen her or spoken to her again. I wanted to come straight home but I was so embarrassed I stayed in Cairns working for 6 months before heading home with my tail between my legs.

6 Likes

Ah, the 80’s…where did it all go?

3 Likes

Mrs Mike and I had our first overseas holiday there. We were looking at going back this year, but, yeah that was 2020.

1 Like

Ive not been back, it was a beautiful place and I would imagine it’s changed a lot.

1 Like

Yes perhaps, but only in those specific areas, and there are so many others we could consider.

Have been thinking about this recently and I suspect many of us are rather fussy/perfecionists.

It’s not quite willy waving, but pleasure in knowing that we may have decided on exciting purchases at price levels we’re comfortable with. Most of the time we see tangible benefits, but when we don’t it’s frustrating.

Many people struggle to make basic ends meet, we could all be in that position one day so I don’t consider posts here to be exhibishonit when people can afford higher end products we all might aspire to one day.

I’ve rarely seen comments disparaging less expensive equipment, simply positive comments suggesting posters are on the right upgrade path and good suggestions to change items or stay as they are.

Yes, we’re all perhaps a little entitled hi-fi wise but I think the vast majority of posters are genuine, polite and helpful.

4 Likes

It’s getting harder to watch movies I love with the kids with them in the same room (because their tastes are changing and they haven’t much patience with my stuff) - admittedly modern movies have higher production values but I’m an utter sucker for old John Wayne movies and one that’s a bit like a modern ‘romcom’ for me is North to Alaska which I’ve just watched with my daughter - dated comedy but touches on many human emotions and preconceptions.

Just brilliant IMHO, if you’ve never seen it I’d wager it would make you smile.

Seen it years ago, unfortunately I can hardly remember what it’s about. There is a good Aus movie about a trip to Port Douglas thinks it’s called Travelling North it’s a bit slow but a great yarn.

1 Like

North to Alaska quotes I love:

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 00.52.02

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 00.52.16

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 00.52.28

2 Likes

Went for a swim in a lake.

Not any lake, but Lake Baikal in Siberia. And in May, when it was still cold enough that I had to walk over a slab of ice to get in. According to the folklore, that swim should grant me an extra 25 years before I fall off my perch.

3 Likes

If you keep dreaming, you’ll end up doing it one day!

1 Like

That’s impressive. How did you get a visa for Iran allowing you to ride a bike there, I thought that you needed a guide with a UK passport? Maybe things have changed since I looked at Iran.

Most adventurous thing I’ve done is tried to ride a motorbike to the arctic circle in February. Went via Norway and got to within about 50km of it but it was just so cold and high winds were blowing the bike sideways on roads of packed ice. Fell off a few times and had one front wheel puncture (but that was fortunately on tarmac on the way home)- very scary stuff, bike was suddenly weaving across two lanes of a motorway at about 80mph.

I said adventurous, I should have said foolhardy. When the snow comes down, it comes down hard.

1 Like

Marriage, children and work! The 70s on the other hand…