What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve done?

I started this thread to draw out some interesting stories of other people’s experiences but clearly that has been misconstrued as willy waving. I was simply, in jest, pointing out the (potential) hypocrisy.

In all honestly, it doesn’t feel like that’s what people are doing on this forum and I get as much enjoyment reading about someone’s pleasure in listening to their 500 set up or a new four figure cable as a newbie’s baby steps with a Nait 1. And that’s on top of the vast mountain of knowledge that is generously imparted by fellow forumites, for which I am very grateful.

2 Likes

Oh er, what a bummer for you.

2 Likes

Just think, his life could have taken an entirely different path in which he never discovered Naim. Lucky escape!

1 Like

Having a Buck’s Fizz at 11:25am the day after Boxing Day.

Hell yeah!

G

2 Likes

Try listening to Buck’s Fizz instead :rofl:

2 Likes

Only one of those will make you feel a little sick though.

1 Like

What did you get up to in the 70s, may I ask?

You nutter!

1 Like

I rode a Zawasaki 600 from NY to the Arctic Circle in Alaska in Summer 1992, and back via Carmel.

It was the 50th anniversary of the building of the AlCan highway, then still a dirt track, designed to protect Alaska from invasion in the war.

I got hit by a twister in the mid west on the way home and thrown across onto the opposite carriageway!

4 Likes

I know that @ElMarko and @Thomas have had a few adventures…

The 80s were tough. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

What happened in the ‘70s stays in the ‘70s!

3 Likes

The clothes to start with I hope!

If you can remember the '70s, then you weren’t really there, man…

…or perhaps that was the '60s…

…my mind’s a blank.

I’ve done a lot of trips in Europe and a couple heading from Europe into Asia (Turkey/Georgia/Azerbaijan) and a couple into Russia. I’ve only ridden in the states on a hired bike from San Diego to San Francisco. I would love to do one of the ‘big’ trips from North America into Central / South America. Maybe one day, but getting harder to justify now I’ve stopped earning…

2 Likes

Would that be Route 101 up the coast to SF?

I had a close call coming south along there.

Overtook a Jag, but the driver accelerated, and a car came very fast round a blind bend towards us, and the Jag and I both braked equally hard.

I had to lean onto his car to avoid a head on collision.

He was very understanding about the scratches!

I shipped the bike home to England after the trip and rode it with NY plates here for a year.

At the Arctic circle monument on the road to Deadhorse we met a German who was warming up for a ride to Tierra Del Fuego - on his push bike.

2 Likes

Ha ha. I had to do this with my wife in Marrakesh. It took quite a while and there was a lot of gesticulating and hand waving.

Argued back to a copper who was threatening to arrest me for doing my job.

1 Like

What’s your job - bank robber?

1 Like

Interesting thread ! Spring 2015 I had a weeks job cancelled last minute and spur of the moment the next day I jumped on my motorbike and set off to Italy for about a week. My route was Beaune - Florence - Siena - Lake Como - Colmar - Lille . I’ve done many trips since but this was my favourite.

Otherwise whilst visiting New Zealand in 2013 I heard of Great White Shark diving off Stewart Island. I changed my Itinerary, flew to Invercargill and had the best day’s experience of my life . Incredible creatures .

Made it to Siena .

6 Likes